Lead / Senior Teacher
White Trees Independent School
An exciting opportunity have arisen for the post of Lead/Senior Teacher, at our 16 pupil Independent school based in Bishops Stortford.
We are a small school for young people aged 11-18 who have found it difficult to be successful in a mainstream school. We aim to help students regain a sense of confidence and build their self-esteem to allow them to compete on equal terms with their peers, despite their previous disruption in education. Our belief is that everyone in our school can learn, achieve and has the potential to be successful.
We are very proud of the provision we offer. In KS3 and 4 students have access to a variety of subject areas which focus on developing their skills and helping them to achieve beyond the classroom. In addition to the core curriculum, we provide an array of rich and varied extended curriculum opportunities, vocational courses and work experience placements. Students are taught in small groups and this benefits them as staff can ensure that learning is tailored to individual student needs.
We promote learning and development by building quality relationships which are rooted in mutual trust, respect, care, high expectations and taking responsibility. Our dedicated team works hard to reach high standards in everything we do and this is further embedded through our successful relationships with parents/carers, the local authorities and the local community.
The ideal Lead Teacher candidate to join our team:
• Must hold a relevant teaching qualification.
• Must have experience in overseeing/Managing teachers.
• Essential to have experience in overseeing the academic policies within a school setting.
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
• Experience with EBD/SCMH.
• Must have a calm approach, an understanding of EBD and the importance of building relationships.
• Must be passionate in supporting young people to engage and succeed in a relaxed educational setting.
• Must be flexible and have a creative approach to supporting learning.
• Will have a good understanding of the learning process and planning.
• Have excellent recording skills.
• Will be willing to undertake CDP and training.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply with your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability and reasons for applying for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.