For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
We require an ambitious lead developer to join a recently formed agile team, with a passion to build outstanding solutions adhering to the highest technical standards and focused on delivering value to our customers. The successful candidate must have in-depth experience of the software development lifecycle, bring an understanding of the business perspective and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility around the products and services we deliver.
As a lead developer your duties will include:
- Working as part of an existing agile team to develop quality solutions within required deadline.
- Collaborating effectively to support and enhance the full product lifecycle.
- Reviewing proposals, evaluating alternatives, providing estimates and making recommendations.
- Serving as an expert on applications and providing technical support
- Revising, updating, refactoring and debugging greenfield and established codebases
- Supporting other team members' development.
Individuals will ideally be qualified to Degree, HND or HNC standard in a software development discipline or can demonstrate commercial experience of developing applications using Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience of the full development lifecycle
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Write clean, scalable code, with a view towards design patterns and best practices
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to analyse problems and requirements.
- Experience in Microsoft Web development technologies such as C#, WCF, Web API, MVC
- Application Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. GIT, Jira, Confluence)
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- .NET Core Web application experience
- Experience with OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Automated Testing Tools (e.g. nUnit, xUnit)
- RESTful and Microservice Architectures