LEAD MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
Reporting to: IT Director
Base: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Buyagift.com and Red Letter Days are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners. We aim to do this by providing industry leading products.
We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 – the world’s largest provider of experiences. Across Europe a Smartbox Group experience is purchased every five seconds! The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 – adding additional complexity and challenges to our IT strategy. We have a strong internal development team working on our eCommerce platform and we are now ready to take the next step to develop and design mobile apps for our brands.
About the role
- You will be working closely with the management team on Mobile app development strategy to effectively design and develop the right technology stack for mobile app development for IOS and Android mobile applications
- Collaborate with the eCommerce team to design, build and deliver a new APP functionality for the business
- Analysing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future product releases.
- Regular review of the apps technologies for further enhancements
- Working with internal partners and management to recommend future application solutions.
- Producing conceptual design documents and detailed specifications for large-scale and complex projects.
- Design integration with different partners.
- Managing and further development of 1 direct report.
You will have at-least 5-6 years’ of experience in APP based development using IOS 6, Android or other hybrid technologies. You will also have good managerial skills and have the ability to work as part of a team, prioritise and self-manage.
On the Technical front you must have APPs development experience and be proficient in the following areas:
- Experience in managing and developing a app development team.
- Experience in the latest and trending mobile app development technologies that are currently being used on a large scale to develop state-of-the-art mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms
- Experience of working on hybrid frameworks like Xamarin or React Native
- Have a passion for mobile technology and love building new software
- Writing APP queries for User Interface (UI) and online trading
- Previous experience of working in an e-Commerce/Trading/ Gaming mobile app development team is highly desired.
- Geo targeting experience is highly advantages
- Experience in using GIT source control (Branching, Pull Requests, Merge and rebase)
- Experience in Design Patterns in either MVVM or MVP
- Web service integration in mobile development
- Experience or knowledge in TDD unit testing in either iOS or Android will be highly advantageous
Good to have skills
- Experience in using the Atlassian Jira Development and release management tools
- Experience in RX Android, RxSwift or RxJava
- Experience in Nimble and RxDatasources
- Knowledge of IOS SDK APIS
- Proven understanding of Mobile release process.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
What to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, why not check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Smartbox Group UK Ltd to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause