Experience Design Lead @ This Place
This Place designs experiences for global brands. We have expertise across digital strategy, user experience, design and development with locations in the UK, the US and Asia. The products and services we create make the complex seamless, build significant commercial benefit for our clients and deep engagement with their customers.
At This Place, we look for those who are smart, curious, humble and driven. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, eye for business, entrepreneurial spirits, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through great design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration and who believe that better digital experiences craft a better world.
The role of Experience Design Lead:
As we continue to grow our business, we’re on the hunt for a proven experience design expert who’s looking to join a talented, collaborative and growing Design team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Associate Experience Design Director, the Design Lead is responsible for leading key client engagements and working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Leveraging a range of methodologies and using your vast design toolkit to collaborate with clients and create customer-first experiences and strategies.
- Taking a consultative approach, inspiring clients and colleagues about how to most effectively solve business challenges through service and product design.
- Championing the use of data and research, leading qualitative and quantitative research and analysing results to draw meaningful and unexpected insights
- Creating ideas and concepts, leveraging the service and product design discipline and imagining new ways to harness technology to develop innovative, future-facing approaches.
- Producing a range of design outputs incl. Experience maps, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes etc
- Designing and facilitating immersive client workshop experiences
- Partnering with Strategy and Technology teams to deliver the best outcome for our clients and working closely with design teams across our global offices.
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members to develop the breadth and depth of their design expertise.
- Contributing to thought leadership and providing original thinking that helps attract and grow our client roster.
Your passion for your craft will drive the standard for your discipline and challenge the norm. You are a perfectionist with a collaborative mindset that thrives when being a part of a team. The whiteboard is your best friend for unpacking the problem you’re trying to solve and you're familiar with lean approaches to design.
Working closely with a diverse group of designers to work on phases of work across our Global client base may include customer journey maps, agile sprints, vision and concept setting pieces and much more. You will work closely with the Associate Design Director to work against the team vision and goals as well as manage and support your own clients.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in service and product design + BA in design
- Expertise in a range of relevant service and product design methodologies incl. a broad toolkit of techniques to draw upon (e.g. primary research, data analysis, creation of service blueprints, journey mapping, persona / segment development, wireframe & prototyping, user flows, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, competitive audits etc.)
- Proven experience in imagining, designing and delivering enterprise scale digital products and services using design thinking or other relevant design methodologies
- Proficient using design software such as Figma and Sketch and with prototyping software such as Principle and Protopie
- Strong experience in user research and testing
- Strong experience in workshop design and facilitation
- Consulting approach to managing client relationships and problem solving
- Experience leading and presenting projects, with strong storytelling skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Strong e-commerce and retail technology experience is preferred
- Up to date with industry trends in innovation and design
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Ability to travel
Our London office is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with international travel required to our global offices / client sites. Our relaxed friendly culture is something we are incredibly proud of. Our office is full of whiteboard space to encourage and facilitate collaborative working, encouraging the team to constantly push the boundaries of what we can achieve as a business and for our clients. We believe in empowering our teams to actively learn and challenge and grow into the role or career path that they desire. We’re made up of a diverse team of people from all over the world with all kinds of backgrounds allowing us to look at things from different lenses.
- Competitive salary
- Access to shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- 24 days annual leave
- Flexible working policy
- Summer (international) and winter (UK) team conferences
- Weekly complementary team lunches, and drinks events
- Macbook laptop
- Personal training budget
- Dog friendly office in the heart of London’s Shoreditch
- Reporting to insert Associate Experience Design Director
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success and one which will provide an opportunity for continued growth.