Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 Depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
As a member of the Technical Operations Team; a Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to their clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to assist with technical issues, address escalations, work closely with the project coordinators on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
You will provide expert technical assistance and support to their technical team and other areas of the business as needed. This role may also include designing, implementing and testing complex networking infrastructure in support of their customer's needs.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, MPLS, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services
- Participate in monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system:
- Respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Provide knowledge and advice where required within the business
- Maintain documentation in line with company processes
- Communicating with customers as part of projects and 3rd Line escalations
- Juniper JNCIP, Cisco CCNP or equivalent (experiencing configuring and deploying these vendors devices, particularly firewalls)
- HP/Aruba (experiencing configuring and deploying these vendors devices, particularly Wi-Fi and switches)
- MPLS (deployments and maintenance)
- Strong understanding of server OS i.e.: Centos/FreeBSD/windows
- Packet Analysis (trace analysis for investigating faults)
- Managing Networks (monitoring/security/firmware upgrades)
- Experience in deploying large multi-site networks including LAN & WAN
- Minimum 4 years' relevant experience of live networking systems and associated support
- Clean driving record in order to visit customer sites
- Participating in ongoing projects such as the implementation of better working practices and system improvements
- MSP experience
What they offer:
- Great career progression opportunities
- Personal Development opportunities
- Access to online training platforms
- One day paid volunteering
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays (Plus one extra day holiday each year you are in service)
- £20pm Budget for Team Building activities
- Free onsite parking
- Option to have occupational massage each month
- Company Days and Outings
- Fun and friendly environment - Team quizzes every week!
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Network Engineer, Network Project Engineer, IT Network Engineer, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, Change Management, Network Solutions Engineer, IT Network Support Engineer, VMWare, Microsoft Servers, Senior IT Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Senior IT Engineer, Systems Administrator, Systems Support, 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Network Support, Server Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Senior IT Service Desk Technician, Software Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Support Technician, SQL, Oracle and Fault Desk Engineer may also be considered for this role.
£35,000.00 - £55,000.00 per year