Lead Advisory Services Consultant
Marketers can’t hide behind old-school metrics and gut feel any longer. The best ones are marrying technology, data, and strategic expertise to make the right marketing investments. That’s where MarketShare comes in.
Our work is not just about delivering a project and moving on to the next challenge. Instead, it’s about delivering an evolving stream of value and enabling fact-based decision making.
In this role your main areas of focus will be centered on advancing our customer centric strategic analysis and digital attribution agenda. Your time will be spent in the following initiatives:
- Delivering digital attribution analyses and strategic insights infused with real world applications of today and tomorrow’s digital and addressable marketing innovation (45% of time)
- Applying new capabilities focused on big data cookie level modeling insights that enable ad hoc analyses and productization capabilities for clients. (30%)
- Advancing MarketShare’s digital expertise internally via knowledge transfer and development of best practices in digital attribution insights delivery (20%)
- Partnering with Sales & Marketing to support and enable senior level digital sales situations, in order to drive our digital product’s top-line. (5%)
What you will be doing:
- You will be the SME for client facing digital analytics relationships during discovery, deployment and increase client engagement, all the while employing your skill to get new customers up to speed with MarketShare’s software faster.
- You will make sure analytics requirements are defined and delivered as it relates to addressable media solutions including programmatic working with Product, Analytics R&D.
- You will ensure models are deployed on time with required insights for client needs ensuring all addressable media data streams are being structured and utilized correctly for client specific modeling needs.
- You’ll translate our analytics into the stakeholder’s native language and tell stories to make complex things simple to understand and translate into measurable actions.
- You’ll partner with MarketShare’s digital analytics team and other strategists to identify new insights, and translate findings into insights and stories that create ‘ah ha’ moments for customers.
- You will work with BD teams as a liaison for delivery, prototyping, and product requirements as needed. Including being a lead in client-specific integrations with channel partners.
- Act as liaison to Product Management to provide client-need driven input on desired functionality and use cases, integrations and partnerships.
- Perform “product owner” role on new features needed for digital clients including assisting in user story development, communication of requirements to engineering and modeling R&D teams.
- Partner with Engineering to test and explore new data analysis & modeling platforms.
- Create & implement strategist training program.
- Enhance sales materials (existing offering and future offering with customer-level component); train strategists/sales execs on selling Action
- Partner with marketing for other sales/marketing materials, PR, speaking opportunities, etc.
Skills, Talents, Experience you’ll need:
- Exceptional analytics and quantitative acumen with understanding of marketing mix models and predictive analytics.
- 2-5 years experience in at least one of the following: the ad-tech industry, digital marketing agency, programmatic buying company or client side digital advertising.
- Well versed in data and comfortable calling BS, telling truth to power when our results come out wonky.
- Rigorous measurement experience across multiple channels, and your passion is for data sources that are real time and audience addressable.
- 2-8 years’ experience in marketing analytics strategy or marketing consulting, in a client-facing role.
- You will need to leverage your understanding of cookie level data sets to oversee onboarding of client data into our attribution solution.
- Skilled in developing relationships and delivering on projects that have grown into long-term relationships.
- Advanced proficiency with software tools such as Excel to gather, assess, and analyze data as well as PowerPoint to build presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, applied science, statistics, mathematics or economics.
Why work with us?
Because you’re smart, entrepreneurial and are ready to be challenged every day to break new ground in next-gen marketing cloud technology that empowers boardroom through to machine-to-machine decisions. You are willing to deliver excellence & innovation, fight for customer success, work collaboratively, and manage complexity.
Our customers use the MarketShare DecisionCloud to create an analytics control center that simplifies and scales the decision-making process. As a leader in our field, we are helping to influence tens of billions of dollars in marketing spend. We deliver a full spectrum of marketing decision support apps from best-in-class strategic optimization through to detailed digital attribution thus enabling rapid course corrections and recommendations to drive ROI and connect marketing to revenue.
MarketShare is a software and analytics company that uses data science and technology solutions to bring order to complexity and help our clients make better, faster, data-driven decisions – with confidence. MarketShare Culture -- What’s important to us, and ideally to you, include:
- Comfort with ambiguity: We embrace the complexity of our clients’ environments and believe that there are seldom-easy answers.
- Embracing the high-wire act: We’re inventing the space where marketing meets math meets technology. This is a new category, and we have to innovate as we go.
- Intelligently curious: We have never met a problem that we didn’t want to solve with solutions that are practical, innovative, and value-rich.
- Innovating Products: We are developing avant-garde SaaS solutions and cloud based products to make the analytics real and actionable
- Being a results-driven team player that is all about collaboration, growth, and excellence.
With today’s explosion of data and consumer touch points, complexity keeps growing. Our team, our technology and our insights are the single place to turn to get the best possible recommendations for driving performance from both offline and online marketing investments. We align decision making from the most strategic to the most tactical. Our clients range across sectors including automotive, retail, insurance, financial, travel & leisure, technology, consumer electronics, entertainment, pharmaceuticals and others.
Our solutions help marketing executives answer complicated questions such as:
- What is the effectiveness of our marketing investments in generating sales, and where should our next dollar be spent?
- How do TV, radio and print media drive online behaviors and resulting sales, and how do we balance our online-offline mix?
- Within online channels, how can we continually optimize our digital marketing across placements, publisher sites, keywords, etc?
- How can I adjust my pricing to quickly changing market environments?
- How can I use proprietary data to see how my company compares against peers and generate recommendations to optimize media plan effectiveness.
The MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Hyderabad, and Bangalore.
Outside Recruiters: Outside recruiters: please remember that firstname.lastname@example.org is the exclusive destination for your recommendations!