Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and peace of mind.
Cigna’s products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life and accident coverage. Cigna operates globally, with approximately 170 million customer relationships throughout the world. Strong financial results for the full year 2019 included revenues of over $153bn.To learn more about Cigna, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com. The Company is headquartered in Bloomfield, Connecticut, US.
January 2020 saw the launch of an exciting, integrated EGS business building on the success of all European business lines to date. Headquartered in Belgium but with operations around the World including the United Kingdom, Spain and Kenya, EGS combines a number of significant businesses serving International Organizations, Governments seeking sector and population health solutions, cover for high net-worth individuals, and our significant corporate business (Global Health Benefits Europe) as well as our domestic operations in the UK and Spain. With major business wins through 2019 this business is well-positioned for the future, and the successful candidate will be a key and valued contributor to EGS.
The EMEA Legal and Compliance team is a collaborative and high performing function which enjoys and values the support of the business.
As part of this team the successful candidate will be a trusted business partner, asked to shape and stay involved in opportunities and projects from the outset. There will be opportunities to work with senior leaders including the EMEA Regional Legal Counsel, the European Compliance Officer, and business leaders including the Senior Leadership Team of EGS. Externally there will be opportunities to work with law firms and interact with regulators applicable to the EGS business.
As a Legal Counsel, you will work closely with your colleagues in Legal and Compliance supporting EGS business with good legal and regulatory advice supporting the operational, strategic and financial aims of EGS. The job content will be excitingly broad in line with the scope of EGS, and will include regulatory advice, contract work, litigation, insurance, advisory work, commercial law corporate law.
EGS is a global business. In 2019 several members of the EGS Legal and Compliance team had the opportunity to travel in order to support business and function objectives. Destinations included Malaysia, Dubai and the United States of America.
- Support Legal and Compliance colleagues to ensure that the EGS business operates successfully within its legal and regulatory framework and requirements;
- Work closely with the business and internal clients worldwide such as Sales & Client Management teams, Account Managers, Underwriters, Human Resources and Finance to support business objectives;
- Provide accurate, relevant and proportionate advice on law and regulation as required;
- Draft, review and advise on all types of legal documents including contracts and group plans, partnership, broker and distribution agreements, NDAs, policy terms and conditions, letters of intent, tender documents and marketing materials and licensing queries;
- Manage claims and litigation;
- Provide support as requested by the line manager or the EMEA Regional Counsel.
- You are professionally qualified in the legal sector;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in insurance and commercial law;
- You are fluent in English and French;
- You are business minded, result oriented, service driven, flexible, hands-on, pro-active and pragmatic;
- You are well organized and a good communicator;
- You are a team player.
The successful candidate will support businesses and operations based primarily in Antwerp, Belgium.
In addition to a motivating and competitive remuneration package, the role offers the opportunity to be part of a supportive team key to the success of a business enjoying strong and exciting growth in a sector which makes a difference to people’s lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.