Carbon8 are currently looking to recruit an Laboratory Assistant to join our team based in Avonmouth. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), and will receive a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package.
Reporting to the Assistant Technical and Quality Manager, our Laboratory Assistant will have responsibility for the day-to-day testing research and development laboratory work within the company. The individual will be primarily involved in research and development on new materials and products.
This is presently a small but high profile, high growth company. It is envisaged that the role will grow with the company and may involve training and supervision of others as the team grows.
Key responsibilities of our Laboratory Assistant:
- Quality control testing on incoming materials using the standard inward procedures, and routine testing of the manufactured product according to British Standard methods
- Entering this testing information into the database system, and communicating the findings to the plant team and management staff
- Logging of lorry movements on the database system, including driver induction, and liaising with the plant team will also comprise part of the role
- Collating of testing data and presentation of the results as charts or tables will also be required
- Assisting with the preparation of internal and external reports with the data as required
- Receiving and logging new materials and carrying out testing to characterise physical and chemical properties to determine compliance with company inward specifications.
- Developing new formulations and products, and testing to determine compliance with company product specifications.
- There will also be occasional involvement in plant trials to test new innovations both at the Avonmouth site, and at the Brandon and Leeds sites. Overseas travel may also be required.
What we’re looking for in our Laboratory Assistant
No experience is necessary, and full training will be provided. An enthusiastic hands-on approach and willingness to learn and develop new skills is essential.
So, if you would like to join our team as our Laboratory Assistant then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date of this vacancy, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion but accept our thanks for your interest in Carbon8.