Role: Lab Technician
Location: WS14 9TZ, Lichfield
Salary: £14,625 depending on experience
Mercian Science, a UKAS accredited testing laboratory specialising in water and environmental analysis, is currently looking for a Lab Technician (multiple vacancies)to join their team.
The Lab Technician will be undertaking the routine analysis of samples received by the laboratory, and performing any related quality control testing related to the operation of the laboratory as directed by the Senior Microbiologist or Laboratory Manager. The main tasks will include sample preparation and analysis, isolation and identification of target organisms, assist in the maintenance of the laboratory quality system and assist the Senior Microbiologist in maintaining adequate stock levels of media and other consumable items.
Reporting to the Senior Microbiologist, the Lab Technician will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all analysis is undertaken within appropriate time scales
- Ensuring that standard methods are undertaken in accordance with UKAS
- Ensuring that all aspects of the sample track are completed according to laboratory and customer requirements, from reception to results entry
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken in a manner that complies with Company and Health & Safety Executive requirements
- Registering samples onto LIMS, and generate worksheets as required
- Assisting with the maintenance of client records
- Promoting customer focused quality driven service of the business
Requirements for the role of Lab Technician:
- Have an aptitude towards science and testing and enjoy a mixture of desk and laboratory based work
- A degree within a relevant scientific discipline is highly desirable but not essential- A levels or HND in a science discipline would be helpful
- Experience working in Microbiology Laboratory desirable but not essential
- Must be computer literate particularly in Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills and attention to detail
In return you will receive a competitive starting salary, full training and the chance to progress your career within the organisation.
*To be considered for the role of Lab Technician click APPLY below*
We offer our customers a fully flexible service. Our team of highly skilled analysts are always on hand to discuss your requirements and to offer help and advice when required. Our key area of expertise lies in supporting water treatment practitioners and those involved in water treatment compliance.
Our customer service is key to the success of our business and wherever possible we aim to work in partnership with our customers so we are confident that they are receiving the type and standard of service they require.
In addition to undertaking routine analysis we are also happy to undertake customer specific investigation and projects.
Our key area of expertise is in water science with particular interest in Legionella. We developed the UK’s first UKAS accredited rapid Legionella test that could distinguish between living and dead cells and provide a detailed identification.
Our clients come from a wide and diverse background and include water treatment specialist, FM companies, industry, commercial, healthcare, schools, colleges, military and more. For more information please visit :www.mercianscience.co.uk
- Paid Holidays