The business is a well-known and highly respected specialist manufacturer / brand, as well as being at the cutting edge of vehicle technology with 'future tech' autonomous 'pods'.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an employer producing a range of high-end hand built sports cars.
Job overview / purpose:
Specific responsibilities for the Software/Electronics Engineer role will depend upon your skill set level and previous experience.
Typically, you will be responsible for a range of software engineering activities covering all stages of the engineering life-cycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions that successfully meet with the overall objectives of the project.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]
Principle role accountabilities:
- Contribute and maintain existing software products, primarily in C++, in a real time communication related environment
- Implement interfaces to/from third party products and Tier 1 suppliers
- Identification and resolution of existing product issues including fault finding, testing and root cause analysis
- Contribute towards the development of new electronic products for autonomous vehicle platforms and Westfield Technology Group sub systems
- Support the design and development of new products and product improvements
- Create and maintain technical documentation that supports the product development process including product specifications, manuals and end user instructions
- Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed
- Provide technical support throughout the development cycle and to other areas of the business when required
- Pro-actively provide support to both marketing and product development to drive innovation through the use of new and improved technologies
- Support in sourcing new innovative suppliers and vetting manufacturing capabilities and suitability
- A confident approach, able to play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc.
- Able to liaise with other cross-functional team members, suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects and to encourage their involvement and participation
- Awareness of EMC compliance
- An enthusiastic person with a passion for software development with the ambition to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Knowledge & experience of Electronics Engineering
- Working knowledge of complex technical issues and associated product ranges
Desired qualification requirements:
- 5x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths (or equivalent) at grade A-C
- GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above
- Experience in C++ and Python
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
5 days per week,
8:00am - 4:30pm,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£288.38 per week / £15,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
- This apprenticeship represents an excellent employment prospect for the successful apprentice; this includes the potential for advancement to L4 Software Developer upon completion of the L3
- 20 days annual leave
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.