The team at Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa now has a Kitchen Porter position available. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team at this five star resort in Cheddar.
We are looking for someone who will work together with the kitchen team to be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management, and will perform consistently in line with the company's high standards. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in a career in catering to learn new skills and gain valuable experience alongside our talented team.
The Kitchen Porter position is ideal for an ambitious and motivated individual who is looking for a long term role, in which to learn and develop new skills.
This is a permanent position to work part - time variable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for kitchen jobs within a commutable distance of Cheddar and the surrounding areas.
- Assist in the preparation of food and basic dishes where required and able
- Efficient and correct stock rotation in order to minimise waste within the kitchen
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas and stations
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
- Wash and replenish all of the glasses, crockery, utensils, kitchenware and equipment in a prompt and timely manner
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is an advantage but not essential.
What skills you will need
- Hygiene and Food Safety certificates are an advantage but not essential.
- Good communication skills within the team
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable easy access to the park.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn new skills alongside our experienced team.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme