When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
£8.93 per hour
Eastlands is a nurse-led residential home for adults with complex needs.
At Eastlands, we build our care and activity plans around individuals, supporting, nurturing and encouraging them to live happy, fulﬁlled lives. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify goals and outcomes together with individuals, families and professionals.
The post of Catering Manager is all about ensuring that services users are offered meals which are nutritious, balanced and appetising, whilst catering for their dietary needs, likes and dislikes.
As the Catering Manager, your key tasks will include:
- Maintaining a balanced and varied menu
- Meeting with service users to identify their food likes/dislikes
- Menu planning in advance, ensuring that choice is offered for every meal
- Preparing and cooking food in an a safe manner
- Preparing a well-balanced diet for those with medical conditions or faiths which require special diets
- Ensuring that all food hygiene standards are complied with, completing all relevant checks and records
- Ensuring that the kitchen is staffed appropriately and that the team is provided with a full induction and training and development programme
- Controlling stock and purchases, working within an allocated budgets
We would expect that you will have Food Hygiene Level 3 or be working towards it, and have previous experience in a similar position.
What do we offer:
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500