Job Description SummaryAn exciting opportunity to work in a new role as part of a high performing team in a world class organisation with a strong brand name. Based in the South East UK, this role will provide varied and interesting responsibilities, combining sales of capital and reagents and account management of selected UKI key accounts nationally. Support and development opportunities will be provided to realise the successful applicant’s full potential in the role and future positions. The successful applicant can look forward to a competitive salary and commission package, company car, mobile phone and other benefits.
The focus for this person will be in selling flow cytometry and single-cell multi-omic instrumentation and associated reagents, through direct sales activities, as well as developing relationships with UKI key accounts, the aim being to grow and develop the sales revenue within the designated accounts.
- Managing sales of BD Flow Cytometry and BD Single-Cell Multi-Omics solutions within UKI Key Accounts
- Developing long-term partnering relationships within UK Key Accounts across different levels and functions within the organisations.
- Joint creation and execution of Key Account plans with annual objectives in close collaboration with customers, the Strategic Account Manager and UKI Marketing Team
- Mapping of UKI Key Accounts to identify and engage with key departments and stakeholders, in order to discover new business development opportunities that leverage BD products, services and support.
- Acts as the primary customer points of contact for sales, commercial and operational activities within UKI Key Accounts. For example, coordinating negotiation, contracts, sales activity, attendance at exhibitions, organising meetings/demonstrations and scientific/technical support.
- Ensure growth targets for UKI Key Accounts are met through execution of the above activities.
- Participation in UKI sales meetings, and regular reporting summarising account objectives, progress, trends, opportunities and threats for the organisation from the marketplace.
- BSc/Msc or equivalent in a Life Science discipline or a related subject and/or have several years of laboratory experience
Desired Experience & Skills
- Experience and knowledge of the life sciences market and industries, with experience of selling research and/or clinical products and services into Pharma, Biotech and Contract Research accounts.
- Experience managing direct sales of high-value capital equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and/or molecular single-cell technologies would be a distinct advantage but is not crucial.
- Having experience or knowledge in a T-cell therapy related area would be an advantage.
- For the right candidate, previous sales/commercial experience is not necessary. However, if this experience is not present, a strong scientific and technical background combined with a business acumen would be essential.
- Highly motivated by the purpose of advancing immunology research and driven to achieve business results.
- Customer centric mind-set with a professional attitude.
- Demonstrates values, competencies and cultural priorities that align with the BD Leadership Model.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/