The key function of the Key Account Manager (KAM) is to enhance Enerpac market share and reputation at major and often multinational accounts with a significant turnover potential. In order to ensure that the Sales Entity is able to meet its growth targets through excellent communications and sales skills. Cross border (inter-company) communication is a prerequisite and as a result will make knowledge of the English language essential.
Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Independently develop and grow professional relationships with Decision Making Units (DMU) of large end-users within the Aberdeen market place
- Assist with developing a rental strategy within the Region
- Responsible for forecasting through Aberdeen and ensuring forecasting detail is met within given timeframes
- Ownership and accountability of targets for key accounts within Aberdeen
- Utilizing and management of the Business system of IIR
- Clearly presenting and articulating a value proposition.
- Achieving Sales targets whilst maximizing profits.
- Promote Enerpac products, systems and services by organizing and execute presentations, seminars and trainings; leading to direct sales, supported by a frame agreement, or sales through the Authorized Distribution Channel.
- Register Enerpac on approved vendor lists and specify Enerpac products with Key Accounts where applicable.
- Create Key Account Development Plans in order to realize sustainable growth.
- Negotiates Terms & Conditions adhering to the approval matrix.
- Cooperate well with all local and regional colleagues to develop and implement global, regional and local strategies within the region that will result in exceeding the annual financial targets.
- Analyze and report about the market, including competition review and actual market trends.
- Liaise between Application Engineer/Specialist to solve applications/needs using standard and/or custom designed products.
- Lead and co-ordinate the follow-up of sales agreements with direct customers and OEM’s.
- Prepare and Manage professional quotations, active follow-up and successful conversion into orders.
- Reports to the Commercial Director on all commercial activities within the territory, complaints, trends, competitive actions and any recommendations to improve sales results and productivity
- Supports and takes over, where necessary, the reporting obligation of the Regional Manager.
- Executes on marketing activities (i.e. Local Market Mapping, Enerpac on-line and Voice of Customer (VOC)).
- Regular formal and informal communication with other Key Account Managers in the region.
- Will adhere to the company’s policies, rules and other guidelines as mandatory for a public company in the USA.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering/Management or Business Administration and/or equivalent related field experience is required.
- Strong internal management skills
- Technical affinity and understanding of industrial sales or sales of capital products is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience and well developed presentation- and commercial negotiation skills are needed.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required; all other languages are advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills, works and communicates well with internal colleagues and external customers.
- Energetic and proactive initiator; must present a professional and articulate image.
- Able to work to deadlines; excellent organizational skills.
- Takes full responsibility for completion of own projects.
- Works well with minimal supervision; self-discipline and motivation.
- Flexible and professional approach to work.
- Confident and assertive.
- Good working knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); knowledge of a CRM package is beneficial.
- Effective and efficient traveling of at least 60-80% within the allocated region (occasional outside of the designated region) is required.
- Structured, analytical, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Possesses long-term and short-term planning skills.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills, understands the fun and challenge in growing a company within a multinational environment and to take it to a next level.