Job Title: Key Account Manager
Location: Bourne End, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Competitive + excellent company benefits
Spin Master is a leading global, diversified, multi-platform and highly innovative children's entertainment company. The business has progressed through key stages, from start-up growth, building the base, refocusing to diversified growth to operating now across all toy industry super categories. Today, the company has resumed its history of growth, with a renewed focus on diversification and increased operational and financial discipline. It has expanded into a number of new toy categories, organically and through acquisitions. Our Mission is to Push the Boundaries of Innovation, Creativity, and Fun.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Spin Master for a Key Account Manager to join our dynamic team based in Bourne End. This is a contract job in which you would be covering for an employee on a maternity leave.
The Key Account Manager is required to maximize opportunities, manage risk, deliver on profitability goals, develop effective long-term business relationships and exceed customer expectations, within their portfolio of accounts.
- Developing bi-annual business plans that deliver upon company goals and meet customer needs
- Delivering product presentations, business proposals and ad plans to customers on time
- Understand the customer timelines and proactively provide customers with all information and materials required to make decisions and manage business effectively
- Working with support team to develop forecasts that best reflect market realities; update forecasts as required, on a monthly basis as a minimum
- Timely and effective review of actual performance to ensure goals are achieved and adjust plans as necessary
- Managing customer specific budgets and update Salesforce
- Analysis of sell through data and market intelligence to maximize business opportunities while minimising risk
- Working with the Games BM and GBU on the design and development of an own label games programme that could be rolled out to any UK retailer, but specifically to Tesco
- Communicating clearly and efficiently with customers; and provide fast solutions to challenges
- Working proactively and effectively with team members to deliver best possible customer service
- Working in a team environment with a friendly and diplomatic manner.
- Developing a thorough understanding of all account business objectives and marketing plans by gaining multi-level and cross functional contacts within your account portfolio
- Developing innovative sales and marketing led account plans that will maximise Spin Master UK’s performance within each account
- Co-ordinating trade marketing and marketing activity within your accounts to ensure delivery of planned volume, distribution and profit targets
- Maximising account profitability through strategic business planning including, delivery of volume, revenue and margin, creative promotional work, and good use of data to provide customer solutions
- Working closely with accounts to gain joint agreement on objectives for sales growth whilst managing each account selections process
- Negotiating at senior level to ensure Spin Master UK Ltd maximises the advantage of long term supply agreements and optimises all elements of the marketing mix
- Accurate forecasting and working closely with the planning team to ensure stock is delivered to accounts as required
- Flexibility regarding accounts managed
- Actively working as part of a team to create a solution oriented culture, leading by example
- Maintaining and developing further the strong commercial and personal relationships between SPIN MASTER UK and your account base and ensure SPIN MASTER UK remains a preferred supplier
- Demonstrated success managing a business portfolio, with specific focus on Tesco / grocery channel or similar
- Demonstrated success developing a customer own label Games range that could be implemented across any UK customer
- Customer driven approach and a “go-getter” attitude
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both externally and internally
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP, Salesforce an asset
- Demonstrated organization, planning and communication skills
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence & determination
- Ability to create and maintain business presentations, Excel files, read POS reports
- Full clean driving license
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role in the CPG or Toy industry preferred
- Retail experience preferred
In return, we offer excellent benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- AXA PPP Healthcare plan
- Life Insurance scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness, Employee Assistance program
- Referral bonus, Service award, Recognition award
- Birthday Day off, 2 sick days, selected company merchandise for free
For more information about the Key Account Manager role or to apply click on the Apply button!
About Spin Master
Spin Master was founded in 1994 by two childhood friends, Ronnen Harary and Anton Rabie, soon after graduation from The University of Western Ontario. Ben Varadi, a classmate of Anton's from The University of Western Ontario's Richard Ivey School of business, joined the Company subsequently in 1994.
The nascent entrepreneurs' first product was the Earth Buddy, a nylon stocking-covered head of sawdust topped with grass seeds which grew to emulate hair, funded with their own $10,000 investment. With Anton selling the item on the street and to specialty retailers, the operation quickly expanded to a small facility in downtown Toronto. This initial success served as the springboard for Spin Master's entry into the toy business.
Spin Master has achieved significant growth over the past two decades, transforming itself from a small, single product toy company into a leading global, diversified, multi-platform and highly innovative children's entertainment company. The business has progressed through key stages, from start up growth, building the base, Bakugan growth, refocusing to diversified growth; operating now across all toy industry super categories.
Since 2000, Spin Master has received 103 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 28 wins across a variety of product categories, including 13 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors.
The company's continued investment and support of its entertainment division has also yielded meaningful results. To date, Spin Master has produced six television series, including 2007 success, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, and current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally.
When Spin Master began to chart it's course in the children's entertainment industry, the founders recognized that in order to compete successfully with the established brands of larger companies, they had to design and market innovative products that would "wow" consumers and disrupt the traditional toy market. With the inspiration of its founders, who remain actively engaged in the business today Spin Master has maintained a deeply rooted culture of creativity, partnership and passion. Find out more about our company at http://www.spinmaster.com/our-story.php
competitive salary + excellent benefits