An exciting opportunity to join a progressive Internet based company that specialises in a real-time services and web application management systems.
With an innovative and progressive business culture the company provides real-time bidding to internet bidders to participate in auctions taking place nationally and internationally. It also provides a web-based auction management system to assist auction houses in every aspect of their business from creating auctions to collecting payment. To compliment these services the company now provides a fully integrated website service with CMS facilities.
Their commitment to quality and ease-of-use has allowed them to create an enviable reputation within the industry.
You will need to be talented with a natural aptitude and strong passion for web development. A degree in computer science or related degree is essential for this role as is coding experience and interest outside your work.
In return the role will offer you involvement creating cutting-edge web based applications utilising the latest technologies, in a friendly, dynamic and focused environment. With ownership of your own projects you will be given the chance to flourish as you gain more experience.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Development of company websites and software
- Development of hardware solutions for office and web
- General customer support
- Prioritising support issues
- Provide customer support
- Engage in shift working patterns to provide weekend/evening cover as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualification in computer science or related subject
- Programming experience(using any server-side language, PHP, .NET, Coldfusion etc)
- CSS & HTML experience
- SQL Server & SQL scripting experience
- Understanding of web security, accessibility and usability
- Knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical subjects to non-technical people