A great understanding of the software development lifecycle and excellent technical skills are all essential traits for a great Junior Test Engineer! If you have these skills, the team at White Oak would love to hear from you.
Following an exciting acquisition and continued growth ahead, we need an enthusiastic Junior Test Engineer to join our team at our offices in Ewloe near Chester.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
As our new Junior Test Engineer, you would describe yourself as the kind of person that has:
- An understanding of different testing approaches and techniques
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Diagnostic and problem-solving ability
- Analytical skills
- Ability to query databases
- Understanding of web-based applications
- Knowledge of networking and system architecture
- A desire to be ISTQB Certified
You will be meticulous, self-motivated with the ability to communicate effectively and influence others.
Your New Role
Joining the White Oak team as a Junior Test Engineer, you will be working within an agile environment. You will work closely with all areas of IT, Product Owner, Projects and the business to deliver projects using relevant testing tools and methodologies that work with the SCRUM and KANBAN frameworks. Your daily responsibilities will also include:
- Test script creation and execution
- Produce quality Test documentation (test plans, test preparation, test reports
- Be able to work to a strict deadline
- Work with stakeholders to ensure test coverage of functional requirements
- Defect investigation & logging where expected outcomes are different from actual
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core system and processes, and how those systems and processes interact
- Perform System Integration and End to End testing
- Develop skills required for the creation of estimates and risk analysis (where required)
- Develop skills for building and maintaining automation frameworks
Why work for us?
If you want to realise your potential and be part of a forward-thinking, fast-paced, customer-focused organisation, then White Oak UK is for you. Looking for perks? We've got you covered. Our new Junior Test Engineer you will be offered:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive bonus potential
- Reward & Recognition programme
- Career development
- Life assurance & healthcare plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- ... and much more
Here at White Oak, our mission is simple: We're here to help smaller businesses get the finance they need with as little fuss as possible.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the White Oak team! Please click APPLY below to register your interest in the role of Junior Test Engineer.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from applicants from all backgrounds.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits