Based in Bain’s London offices, you will advise on technology-related legal issues and review, draft and negotiate a range of technology-related contracts.
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world's business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, technology, organization, private equity and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 50 offices in 32 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
Bain & Company’s relentless focus on results is at the heart of Bain history and culture. Bain strives to make a difference in everything it does. Bain’s people enjoy collaboration and helping others succeed. They are approachable, humble, down to earth, and laugh a lot. While Bain’s people hold common goals, individuals drive the richness of its culture. The best way to fit in is to be yourself. Bain’s people like working with each other. They develop deep, enduring relationships with each other and their clients. And, they enjoy what they do and have fun along the way.
Bain has long been a leader of innovation. Whether by working with private equity or non-profits, or by aligning its success with the success of its clients, Bain has stood apart as a leader in management consulting. Bain's enriching environment encourages people to achieve their best and make a lasting impact. The accelerated learning process at Bain is unparalleled. Bain also provides the flexibility to pursue your passions and shape your career while with the firm. Bain’s culture is one of opportunity.
- Counseling on the legal issues and related processes associated with outsourcing, consulting, licensing, hosting, software development and other third party engagements, including negotiation and drafting of contracts and associated documentation
- Advising regarding, and conducting due diligence with respect to, licensing and technology matters (including open source issues) and relationships, including in connection with the development and launch of new digital products and tools, strategic partnerships and other strategic initiatives across Bain’s global operations
- Advise on inbound and outbound licensing and commercial issues, strategy and develop related forms and guidelines
- Advising on the use of data within technological solutions, including personal data and the issues surrounding hosting, access and security
- Team with Bain’s IT professionals as required in order to address technology and data security issues in client and vendor contracts, engagement processes, guidelines on usage and risk assessments
- Play a key role in providing legal services and risk management advice to Bain digital product development teams
- Qualified lawyer with 3-5 years’ experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating business contracts in a law firm or in-house setting
- Knowledge of IP law and significant experience with software, licensing, SaaS, cloud service, software development, API usage and other IT agreements is required
- Experienced at drafting complex commercial and technology contracts
- Interest in, and general understanding of hardware, software, databases, client/server concepts, agile development and social media collaboration tools
- Experience in the technology sector is preferred
- Experience with data protection a plus
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills and be articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in servicing global clients preferred
- Business fluency in English required and in German a plus but not required