We are IPG Mediabrands, a new world agency group designed with dynamic marketing at its core. We are 10,000 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in over 130 countries. We are a diverse group of innovators, technologists, designers, scientists, musicians, strategists, buyers, thinkers, planners and mathematicians that are committed to building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
The IPG Mediabrands EMEA umbrella includes agencies such as UM, Initiative, the Reprise Digital Networkand its roster of speciality services includingOrion,Rapport, MAGNA and Cadreon, plus many others. In EMEA we manage and invest over£3 billionfor some of the largest companies and employ over 3,400 people across EMEA.
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.
The role of the Junior Technical Support Executive is to provide first and second line technical support to telephone requests and e-mails from all internal Mediabrands customers. They are to ensure that support issues are dealt with promptly and appropriately or to escalate to outsourced members of the IT support function within IPG as well as third parties.
This position plays a key role in how Mediabrands internal customers view the IT Support team and also how the support teams within IPG view Mediabrands. This is a technical role and, as such requires the individual to be able to diagnose and resolve issues promptly and effectively but to then also communicate resolution in a manner which is clear to understand to all aspects of the Mediabrands business.
- To provide first and second level technical support to telephone and email requests from users for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries
- To redirect or escalate support requests as appropriate to outsourced partners within IPG and third parties
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls
- To contribute to ensuring that the Helpdesk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly
- To deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Technical Support Team Leader
- To setup new starters from AD user creation to ensuring all IT equipment is in place for user
- To maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the Technical Support Team Leader, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software
- To assist in the compilation of the Support team’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users
- To liaise with colleagues in all Support and Technical Development teams within IPG to ensure continuity of service for all users
- To provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility
- Experience of using helpdesk ticketing solutions.
- Experience of working with a large, corporate Active Directory structure
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10), MS Office 2016 and MS Office 365
- Basic Networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, DHCP, DNS, PXEboot
- Mac OS experience and basic troubleshooting
We particularly like people who strive to improve themselves so candidates who also hold any of the following qualifications would be preferred but these are not essential:
- Microsoft certifications (eg MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCDBA)
- VMware certification (VCP)
- CompTIA Network certification
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Additional holiday for long service
- Group Income Protection (after 2 years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Wellbeing programme, including subsidised monthly massages
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free breakfast
- Subsidised Café
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Ride2Work, GymFlex and many more!
HOW WE PROTECT YOU
Themanner in which IPGMediabrandsprocesses your personal data is set out in theeRecruitment Privacy Notice. By submitting yourdatayou are stating that you have read and understand how your personal information will be used and processed by IPGMediabrands. www.ipgmediabrands.co.uk/