The Business Analyst takes care of full Supply Chain Management, by business and demand analysis for countries of responsibility, to avoid lack/ delay of supply or over-stocking, due to wrong demand planning from country sales teams.
The Business Analyst generates valid Regional Plan as basis for material preparation from HQ fulfillment team.
Different tools and systems are developed and maintained by market planning/ IT teams and other roles in the SCM team Europe, to enable the Business Analyst to be fully equipped, conducting the business and demand analysis work.
The role reports into Supply Chain Manager and will work closely with HQ fulfillment team, and regional sales heads.
Regional Plan generation
In order to generate valid Regional Plan as basis for HQ material preparation, the Business Analyst:
- Reviews and analyses numbers along the supply chain. These numbers incl. but not limit to:
- Inventory level in customer warehouse and in channel,
- run rate evaluation (both retail channel and ecommerce),
- purchase order status,
- forecasted demand,
- supply capacity from HQ.
- Performs review meetings / calls with country sales heads whenever needed, to clarify reasons behind demand plans that are not aligned with the analysis results.
- Participates in calls with HQ fulfilment team, local fulfilment team and forwarding agents where needed.
Tracking/ Management/ and Escalations on Risks and Opportunities
The Business Analyst agrees with in-country Sales Heads on risks and opportunities in their demand plan, and track progress on a weekly basis. This tracking sheet is shared with sales (relevant data only), Directors, and HQ fulfilment teams for visibility. These incl. but not limit to:
- Major discrepancies regarding to demand numbers,
- Relevant run rates,
- Relevant customer warehouse / channel inventory piling up,
- Both positive and negative tends / anomalies.
Bridging between HQ fulfilment team and in-country sales team
HQ fulfilment team has direct contact to in-country sales team and customers, in regarding to PO acceptance and shipping plans. Business Analyst overlooks all Supply Chain related items and provides support whenever needed. These Supply Chain related items incl. but not limited to:
- Allocation when under constraints,
- Misalignments between demand and supply,
- New product launches, including allocations and providing sales with logistics data
- EOL management.
Product demand life time management
The business Analyst coordinates and manages the products which he has been assigned to, in close cowork with Product team, in perspectives of:
- Allocation according to demand requests at NPI stage,
- Overlook of total regional demands and ensure the supply according to demand, and
- Consolidation when entering into EOL stage.
- Work with key stake holders in marketing, sales operations, logistics, finance, web development teams and with our vendors in the e-commerce to ensure alignment and maximization of our operations and campaigns.
- Within HTC we are a dynamic and changing company so the individual will need the ability to identify, manage, and resolve issues and take ownership of the problems to present. This can include problems concerning: incoming shipments from HQ, coordination and allocations of stock from local hubs to customers, ensuring system stocks and physical stock remain balanced, and prioritizing your to-do list.
- Forecast accuracy on Regional Plans
- Quality of Country sales trackers
- Alignment between supply and demand
Qualification and Experience
- Batchelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or supply chain management
- Has experience on operational or demand planning, preferably within the consumer electronics industry.
- Has experience working in international organisations, and being able to consolidate and drive support where needed.
- Has experience of SCM systems, SAP experience is essential (raising POs, SOs and DNs etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in business administration, or supply chain management.
- Experience in e-commerce and back office platforms desirable but not essential
- Excel capability is crucial – managing large data sets and being able to present data as well as analyse trends etc.
- Team player
- Positive thinking and thorough attitude of working
- Capability to look into details and keep track until issue closed
- Sense of business urgency
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and planning skill
Any other relevant information
- UK based, located in Slough