Do you want to be involved in the latest cutting-edge technologies within the food processing, plastics processing, materials recycling & precision farming Industries? We are seeking a Junior Software Support Analyst who has some industrial work experience preferably in a customer facing support or service role.
You'll be providing software support to our systems users, taking details of user queries, answering those queries where possible or taking more details for our software development team to answer. Queries may range from questions about navigating the application using the Graphic User Interface; about producing reports; uploading data to our web portal or downloading software updates from it; issues with product licenses; or apparent bugs with the software. In addition, when time allows, you will be involved in testing application software and web portal software using their Graphic User Interfaces to try to find faults.
We can promise the variety to keep work interesting, and move your career forwards. If you want variety and have a wish to get involved in a growing company run by engineers who aim to keep their people at the forefront of technology then this is the role for you.
This is a permanent opportunity and a great chance to gain valuable industrial experience in an office based development environment surrounded by qualified, experienced software engineers, electro-mechanical engineers, designers and scientists.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Level or BTec3+/C&G/ONC/OND or above in an IT/computer science related subject
- Knowledge of the Microsoft and Linux Operating systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook; Word; XL; Powerpoint) is essential
- Willingness to travel and a UK driving license are essential
- A current passport is essential (but can be obtained after commencement)
- Basic understanding of simple wiring diagrams would be useful
- A background in Agriculture or Horticulture would be useful
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide excellent customer service with a proactive approach
- Provide 1st line customer support to ease the pressure on software development staff
- Support a range of bespoke software solutions via telephone, email & remote log-in
- Maintain computer records of customer system queries and outcomes
- Maintain a knowledgebase ensuring in-house and online resources are kept up to date
- Assist with user interface testing and web portal testing
- Occasionally support customers in the field, once trained
- Carry out on-site visits for installations and operator training, once trained
- Provide basic hardware troubleshooting, once trained
- Carry out data gathering activities for further development of our vision systems
- Compile system operator manuals with our software applications engineers
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to travel to clients/suppliers around the UK and overseas occasionally
We are a small, but fast growing, manufacturing technology development business with ambitious goals. Our day-to-day work is a combination of product and process development services for our industrial clients, as well as the in-house development of our own new technology projects. Once our technologies are fully developed we take them to market by setting up a new spin-out company, providing a fantastic career opportunity for those staff wishing to be part of the new venture. We are currently marketing precision agriculture vision system technologies in the UK, EU, USA & Australasia, with strategic relationships in each of these regions.
We are located in a peaceful, rural business park (NG23 5FF), near to Nottingham, Newark and Grantham, with direct access to the A1.
Salary is flexible depending upon experience and qualifications. In addition we offer 25 days holiday, a company pension scheme, life insurance, flexible hours and an annual bonus.
+ bonus + benefits