Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position:
This role is responsible for ensuring General Ledger transactions within the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) are captured and reported accurately and timely in the company’s financial statements in accordance to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The primary focus of this role is France.
Maintains ledger accounts entities that are covered by the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) – including:
- Updating and maintaining GL accounts for US GAAP & Statutory reporting
- Timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as per template used by the EMEA FSSC
- Timely analysis, identification, communication and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues
- Assigns transaction codes to documents
- Prepares journal entries to general ledger
- Prepares Prepayment schedule and reconciles
- Prepares various monthly accruals and reconciles
- Assures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period
- Analyses and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and arithmetic accuracy of accounting documents
- Analyses and researches and corrects issues related to accounting
- communicates issues with errors, procedure violations and discrepancies with all levels of management
- Ad hoc requests from GL and RTR manager
Month-end Closing Activities Including:
- Responsible for submitting monthly reporting to Corporate (M’s and Q’s) as per Bio-Rad policies and procedures
- Updates and maintains month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing schedules
- Performs balance sheet and income statement account analyses and actual versus budget comparisons to determine if there are missing entries or significant variances that require further explanations.
- Processes accruals during month-end close
- Assists in preparation of QVRs on a quarterly basis
- Assists for responding to any questionnaires from corporate
Works on unique and critical projects and problems including:
· Assists in special projects and requests involving general accounting systems
Internal controls including:
· Assists in internal control reviews for assigned control objectives required by section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley
· Assists in internal and external audit requests – before, during and after – as well as the completion of audit-required analyses.
· Assists in answering auditing questions and resolves auditing issues.
· Ensures compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures
How you will succeed
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for interacting with individual team contributors, business partners, and senior management.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background.
- Experience in process and project management skills.
- Experience in process redesign and/or efficiency
- Innovative and able to think both analytically and conceptually.
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in English and any other European languages are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance ideal. Alternatively - part qualified of relevant degree (ACCA or CIMA) or willingness to start any such part qualification
- 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Finance SSC Experience in large multinational company with a high volume, performance driven environment
- Large ERP System Experience – SAP & Hyperion preferred
- Experience identifying and investigating discrepancies in accounting records
- General ledger accounting experience including accountant analyses and expense analysis
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance & Childcare Vouchers.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.