The successful candidate will come from a sub-contracting background and have a
proven record of running multiple packages from £100k – £2m. The role
will be split between the office and the sites.
- Sub-contractor experience
- Competence in assessing contract documents and contract requirements
- Proven track record of running all commercial aspects of projects from start to completion.
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role
We are looking to hear from you if you have a RICS accredited degree or HND in
BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying, Construction and Built Environment,
Construction and Commercial Management however, we will consider all
To be successful within the Junior Quantity Surveyor role you will have:
- The ability to understand and quantify CAD drawings.
- Time management skills – prioritising accordingly.
- The knowledge and ability to identify tendering opportunities.
- Work on own initiative and make decisions on own judgement.
What would they expect you to do?
- Preparation/Submission of valuations for payment with all supporting documentation
- Site measuring / office based take off measuring
- Management of subcontractor accounts
- Ensuring contractual compliance and dealing with contractual issues
- Pricing of variations
- Agreement of final accounts
- Management of the financial position of the project
- Liaising with clients, contractors and other consultants in regard to commercial aspects of the project
- Liaising with site managers to ensure necessary site records are maintained