Junior Purchasing Assistant
Barton on Humber
We have a great opportunity for a Junior or Graduate Trainee Purchasing Assistant looking to start their career with one of the most reputable, growing companies in the region. We are looking for a Graduate or Trainee Purchasing Assistant with excellent attention to detail, a good telephone manner and a skill for developing relationships with both colleagues and clients. The company offer full training and support and are passionate about developing and promoting their staff, this role has become available due to internal promotion! Previous experience working within an office or customer service environment would be useful but not essential as more important is your personality and desire to learn.
Purchasing Assistant - Personal Specification:
- A high level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Good understanding of Microsoft software and computer literate
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within the company and with external suppliers
- A confident, enthusiastic, approachable and motivated person
- A proactive and 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under own initiative
- Valid UK Driving Licence preferred
Purchasing Assistant - Key responsibilities, after training:
- To take full responsibility for specific product group purchasing and managing supplier relationships and contract negotiations
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure the buying requirements of the business carried out in the most cost-efficient method
- Use sales forecasting, previous sales history, current stock levels and KPI's, to produce detailed purchase specification for each product group on Microsoft Excel
- Import purchase specifications onto the in-house trading system
- Gain a thorough understanding of product range and carry out product checks for quality and specification
- To carry out all duties conscientiously and efficiently in accordance with Company procedures
- Provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Be flexible around the needs of the business
You may be a recent graduate, a school leaver, an apprentice or have worked in customer services previously.
The role is commutable from Barton on Humber, New Holland, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Ulceby, Hessle.