Junior Project Engineer - West Birmingham
Our client, a leading tier 2 manufacturer within the automotive sector, based in West Birmingham, is looking for an Junior Project Engineer to join their team due to continued growth and expansion.
As a Junior Project Engineer, your overall objective, is to assist with the delivery of projects on time, whilst adhering to project milestones, quality levels and cost budgets.
Your general duties will include assisting the rest of the project team with:
- Coordinate all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases
- Manage the project within budget
- Plan project requirements and resources, including the sourcing of sub-contract elements
- React promptly and effectively to changing client and product needs
- Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions
- Produce deliverables on-time to customer requirements, clarifying these requirements where necessary
- Define the customer specification into either a departmental action or sub-contractor order
- Accurately cost any changes in specifications
- Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study
- Produce clear, focused and understandable explanations for change requests
- Track customer changes and participate in customer meetings when required
- Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEAs), Quality history reviews, robustness studies, etc
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes
- Track tasks against the project timing plan
- Assist with design verification and sign off reporting
In order to be successful, you will need to have a proven track record within project engineering/management have relevant manufacturing/engineering qualifications and a good understanding of engineering principles. With a mechanical/electronic background, you will be an advanced Microsoft Office user; including Project and Excel, and must have experience of creating project plans and an understanding of Bill of Material structures.
Working with a friendly team, supplying some of the worlds leading automotive manufacturers, you will be given the autonomy to make important decisions whilst also being supported and aided by colleagues. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right levels of experience to really thrive and make the role their own. Our client is looking to pay a salary of between £25,000 - £28,000 plus an excellent benefits package and they are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
If this is sounds like the right role for you, please submit your application immediately!