The Regional Product Manager (Europe) is responsible for identifying and evaluating product opportunities within the region. They will then gather and recommend upon requirements for approved non-development projects (projects delivered within existing parameters; account deposit, virtual agent, complex conversions etc). The Regional Product Manager (Europe) will be responsible for ensuring that all non-development projects are approached with simplicity as a key design principle; to provide the optimal consumer/agent experience and ensure that all current and future compliance and regulatory requirements are adequately met. They will be responsible for the detailed specification of the product and completion and sign off to the Detailed Project Description a timely manner. They will sign off to technical specifications as well as UX, GUI, and any other functionality that has been developed as part of UAT. The Regional Product Manager (Europe) will participate in pilot testing to ensure that the end to service works as expected. Post launch, new products will be handed over to the regional team and operational teams for ongoing support.
To achieve the core objectives of this role, the Regional Product Manager (Europe) will represent the eyes and ears of Product Management within the region. They will spend a minimum of three days out in the field per month with agents/consumers gathering consumer and market intelligence to inform future product development. Where required, the Regional Product Manager (Europe) will request research from the marketing team and sign off to research objectives and approach. Competitor services will be tested, documented and evaluated.
This role is naturally agent/partner facing. Regional Product Manager (Europe) will attend pre sales and sales meetings as required, and support a solution and consultative sales approach. They will recommend on any essential development requirements for partner based integration projects and any other IT related projects and raise these through the standard business case process.
• Understands and promotes internally the regional business, consumer, teller and agent need for new products within region. Works with regional leaders, marketing and operations to gather requirements, as well as gain first hand input with direct interaction with consumers, tellers and agents.
• Ensures that new non-development projects are aligned to strategy and designed as per blueprint. Ensure exceptions are signed off as per delegated authority matrix.
• RFI/RFP of new partners for account deposit. Regions select partner, but jobholder has right of veto based on technical grounds.
• Supports presales and sales activity
• Work with designated IT project manager/regional project manager to provide product functionality related inputs to any non-development projects, prioritization, and delivery of initiatives on the specific product, ensuring the project meets regional business, agent, teller and consumer needs.
• Manage intake and resource allocation/capacity plan for non-development projects.