Brand new role for a Junior Marketing buyer to join our Colchester leading client due to growth. As Junior Marketing Buyer you will work with their Senior Buyer to purchase & develop products across their multiple brands. The role includes the formulation and implementation of the marketing strategy, including forecasting, pricing and product allocation. You will need the ability to develop powerful promotions to drive consumers to store and maximize the purchase of our magazines in a very competitive landscape. To be successful, for this Junior Marketing Buyer opportunity you will need the ability to think and execute strategically, to meet objectives, and to deliver 100% on time within budget. This is an extremely busy and exciting role; the ideal candidate will enjoy varied responsibilities, be extremely organised and able to work to tight deadlines. Creativity and attention to detail are a must.
- Critical path management which involves liaising with all parties involved including suppliers in UK, Europe, & China.
- Completing internal and customer paperwork accurately and on time.
- Carrying out all administration duties as required.
- Managing relationships including suppliers, brands and internal stakeholders.
- Organising production samples and product mock-ups.
- Identifying growth opportunities within product ranges.
- Organising & managing reader offers on a weekly basis.
- Manage promotional web updates; including development of online marketing campaigns to drive key projects.
- Develop and agree cost effective promotional activities agreeing expected revenue return.
- Maintain market knowledge of the competitive and consumer environment.
- Ecommerce site maintenance & development including stock management.
- Ideally some buying and/or some marketing experience would be ideal
- Confident negotiator
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Work well under pressure
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Organised and able to multi task
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Copy writing
- Product development
- A highly numerate candidate with excellent attention to detail and creative skills
Benefits to you
- £16-21k DOE
- Monday to Thursday 9 - 5.30pm and Friday 9am - 5pm
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year (starting at 20 days and incrementally increasing after three years' and five years' service)
- Free annual eye tests
- Workplace pension scheme
- Annual staff events
- Regular charity inter-department event
- Easy to get to location
- Great fun team to be a part of
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has unsuccessful.
£16,000.00 - £21,000.00 per year