Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is looking for a motivated and talented attorney with experience in securities and broker-dealer issues to provide advice to the firm’s European New Accounts and Sales teams. The lawyer will sit within the European legal team but will have daily interaction with IB Compliance and other lawyers based in the US.
- Providing the firm’s New Accounts teams with day-to-day legal advice on application, AML and sales-related questions, and escalate significant issues or questions to senior Legal personnel or firm management;
- Addressing specific business arrangements or legal issues with potential clients;
- Assisting with the review of client and other agreements related to the on-boarding of new clients and the provision of new services to existing ones;
- Interacting with clients or their counsel regarding the firm’s account opening requirements and other legal account-related questions;
- Advising the firm on the appropriateness of proposed transfers of assets from or between customer accounts;
- Identifying necessary changes to the firm’s systems and procedures to meet new applicable regulations;
- Assisting IB Compliance with customer litigation and complaints, including responding to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service and the CSSF.
- A UK qualified solicitor or barrister or an equivalent EU (preferably French or Luxembourg) qualified lawyer with 4-year experience at a law firm, financial institution, financial services regulatory agency, exchange or FCA/CSSF authorised broker-dealer.
- Solid academic background.
- Good domain of the French Language not strictly required but desirable.
- Comfort with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates are on a probationary period of three (3) months from the date of joining
- Candidates must have a UK or EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in the United Kingdom or Luxembourg
- The position is initially based in the UK but candidates with a preference to be based in Luxembourg are also invited to apply to the position.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of December 31, 2018.