We are now on the lookout for a Junior IT Support Specialist to join our End User Computing team. Day to day duties would include responding to escalations within the team, systems support and project work. The successful candidate will take ownership of Windows and MAC builds, WDS/MDT, AV solution for desktops (including reporting), software and patch management systems.
The ideal candidate will have over 2 years of experience in 2nd line support or similar role, and have worked in an environment with over 200 workstations. In the Piccadilly office the IT team is responsible for over 1000 PCs, Macs and Laptops, mobile devices across 6 offices. Automation of repeatable tasks is paramount and we need a person that is comfortable with command line and basic scripting.
Someone who loves technology, has "always learning" attitude and has been recognised as technical expert in their team will fit well.
In addition, you will need to have played a key role in at least one project which had a high positive impact on the organisation where efficiency or productivity was improved as a result.
- End user support, Hardware and standard applications
- Administration of cloud based collaboration tools, Office365 & Google Apps etc.
- Escalation point within the team
- Endpoint Protection / Management, including patch management.
- Endpoint Deployment (Windows / Mac OS)
- AD objects management
- Asset Management (Software/Hardware)
- Issues and project tracking
- Additional tasks will include assisting the Head of End User Computing & Desktop services manager, with various tasks as and leading mini projects.
The right desktop support engineer must have knowledge in the following areas
- Cyber Security savvy. Understanding todays threads and attack vectors.
- Windows 7 & 10 & support, troubleshooting and deployment
- Asset Management
- Working with a helpdesk system and understanding the escalation process.
- MS Office Suites from 2007 upwards, including Office365
- Remote User Support and Remote access technologies
- Active Directory & Exchange 2010 operational skills
- Basic Automation & Scripting,
- Configuration and maintenance of backups, and performing restores
- Configuration and maintenance of Antivirus
- Windows Deployment Services, Build maintenance(WDS/MDT)
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Printer support and configuration
- Network, DHCP, DNS, knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Microsoft Active Directory, including functional knowledge of Group Policy
We are on a mission to become the world’s most entertaining online gaming company. It all started with Jackpotjoy but along the way we have grown into the award-winning team of designers, developers and operators behind some of the leading gaming sites and apps including Virgin Games and Caesar’s Casino. But, we haven’t stopped there... we’re also behind Bingo Lane, Jackpotjoy Slots and other great free-to-play games.
Born in 2001 with just a handful of developers, we are now over 900 employees strong across 7 group offices worldwide with our headquarters in Central London. Over 24 million players enjoy our 258 games, generating on average 6,028 chat messages every 15 minutes!
Whether it be through the awards we've won for innovation in Bingo and Slots, our commitment to using cutting edge technology, or simply our passion to innovate, thrill, and surprise, Gamesys constantly pushes the boundaries to be the best in class.
Our culture is visible everywhere. Visit our reception - you’ll find sweets and a giant monkey, in the design team a giant red lamp and the latest quad core mac pros; the breakout areas a Gamesys pool table and fridges full of beer, wine and soft drinks. In the meeting rooms you might find grass instead of carpet, in the summer you’ll meet all our families together for a celebration and in the winter you can find Mexican wrestlers or circus acts roaming around. Weekly social and sports events give you the opportunity to stretch both your mind and body, whether it be getting involved in a meetup or brownbag session, playing in the poker tournament or joining one of the many sports teams. But our culture is not just in what you can see it's in everything we do, we're hard workers and we get stuck in. We have fun, making fun and our vision is to invent, play and discover together, to craft experiences that thrill our players and rock the world.