Primary Location : ENGLAND-London
Employee Status: Permanent
Closing Date: 8/12/2019, 11:59:00 PM
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Designer to join our busy team working across the a huge portfolio of Sky Sports content. We are responsible for the all programme branding, title sequences, sets, promos and channel idents for an array of sports rights, including Premier League, Formula 1, International Cricket and Golf Majors. As a Junior Designer, you will have the opportunity to get involved in design solutions to help promote all this amazing sport – see some of our work here.” Chris Sharpe, Design Director
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Junior Motion Designer, you will be contributing on a broad range of creative work across all output, comprising fast turnaround design, long term project work as well as collaboration with the wider design team across broadcast and digital platforms.
- Be involved in ideation and brainstorming for design and branding around new sports competitions that Sky might host or partner with such as The Hundred, or Netball World Cup.
- Support more senior designers with delivering design solutions for different briefs
- Be part of an exciting Design team across Sports and Sports News design and integrated into a world-class Design team for all Sky brands.
- A passion for design with formal training in it
- Understanding, even if basic, of Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to think creatively against a brief and to conceptualise design solutions to a high standard.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of design: composition, typography, colour theory and image making
- The ability to multitask and work effectively, both on your own and as part of a team
- The ability to take direction and interpret a brief.
- Good communication and presentation skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about