Junior C++ Developer within the gaming and gambling industry
MUST HAVE AT LEAST A BSc - FIRST CLASS
You will be part of a team involved in all aspects of development.
This will include:
Delivery of virtual events to clients.
Research and development of rendering systems, game algorithms, new technologies and new products.
Interfacing to a variety of bet management systems using a variety of protocols.
Re-purposing existing systems to run in new contexts.
Participating in design and code reviews.
Identifying and addressing performance and stability issues with the software.
Provide 3rd line support and troubleshooting issues for live software.
Liaising with clients and regulators.
The ideal candidate Junior C++ Developer should:
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST A BSc - FIRST CLASS
- Preferably have a bachelor's degree or higher in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems.
- Have at least 1 years' experience commercial exposure with C++ under Windows.
- Be able to apply themselves to a wide and unpredictable range of software tasks.
- Be prepared to own the entire job, from initial analysis to release and documentation.
- Be able to switch between several concurrently active jobs.
- Strong technical background in software design patterns.
- Comfortable working under Agile principles.
- Be experienced in using version control systems - preferably SubVersion.
- Be able to design solutions that are modular, scalable and portable.
- Follow and promote software development best practices.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and communicate well with project managers, testers, developers, non-technical colleagues & clients
The following are desirable of our Junior C++ Developer but not essential:
- Any general experience in technical or scientific software.
- An interest in sports and betting
Our Junior C++ Developers will be offered
- Employee discounts - You'll get access to the Benefits Website which offers a range of discounts including entry to attractions, theme parks, shopping, gifts and holidays discounts, Corporate Perks which offers further discounts on travel, holidays, electronics, utilities and fashion and discounts on the Warner Leisure Group of hotels.
- Holidays - You are entitled to a minimum of 25 days' statutory holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Pension -Defined Contribution pension plan via Standard Life, that meets and exceeds auto-enrolment regulations.
- Life Assurance - Value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Salary Sacrifice - Join one of our Salary Sacrifice schemes, covering childcare vouchers, and cycle to work and pension contributions and you could save money on tax and National Insurance.
- Social - Each office has a social committee who organise company funded Christmas and Summer parties.
- Flexible Working - Where we can offer a flexible approach to working.
- Birthday Leave - To celebrate your birthday, you'll be able to take a day off work anytime during the calendar month of your birthday.
- Annual Leave Buy and Sell - You are entitled to buy and sell up to five days of holiday each year.
If you feel like you are the right Junior C++ Developer for the company please get in touch