Junior Business Analyst
Experian unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity. For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
The role will involve joining the Software Development working on a range of projects to provide data solutions. While the role will focus on specific products in which you will become a Subject Matter Expert, you will also be expected to work cross-product with different Business Units to identify and exploit synergies. The role involves working in close collaboration with other team members, onshore Tech Leads and offshore technical teams to ensure we have a strong collaborative approach.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting detailed analysis, producing outline specifications of business requirements in various formats such as User Stories, preparing feasibility proposals for internal and / or external design plus the delivery of projects through the Analysis, Development, Testing, UAT and Production phases. The delivery teams use Agile ways of working to document, develop and release software.
Customer Relationship Management
• Identify relevant stakeholders (clients, third party suppliers, internal team etc.) and their area and level of influence in each project. Develop and execute a strategy to manage and communicate to the stakeholders appropriately.
• Communication - Communicate and participate in the programme of work (progress & future plans) to the team and recommend effective corrective actions where necessary.
• Customer Service - Pro-actively manage customer expectations.
• Continuous process improvement - Identify measures to improve delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Networking - use effective working relationships within Experian and third party suppliers to ensure developments add value and meet business expectations.
• Develop deep product knowledge and ensure this is shared and managed.
• Manage detailed business and systems analysis documentation of requirements and obtain agreement and authorisation.
• Support the team to ensure that the Business Analysis activities are delivered to time, quality and schedule.
• Develop a constructive, influencing working relationship with the clients, vendors and project teams on the project.
• Ensure the technical delivery meets all of the documented requirements by supporting the client, technical and test teams in a shared understanding of the requirements.
• Follow formal change management governance to implement any changes to requirements of the project.
• Support QA coverage and completion and support the client in their User Acceptance Testing.
• Create and maintain any other relevant documentation as required by the project e.g. User Guides, Implementation Guides, Training Guides etc., providing that it is within scope of the project.
• Maintain Product Functional documentation in line with any changes made to the product.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications - External
• A sound understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with project management concepts.
• A good understanding and demonstrable practical experience of the application of different tools and techniques and their impact on project success.
• Degree level and / or equivalent level of professional experience, preferably with some element of mathematics, statistics or computer science.
• BCS / ISEB BA Qualifications.
• ITIL Accreditation.
• A software development or data analysis background or experience in engaging with software development and test teams.
• Experience in working with offshore or outsourced development teams and third party vendors.
• Technical knowledge coupled with strong business acumen.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing are a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.