Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer - East Midlands Airport Castle Donington
to c£23,500 + benefits including overtime and generous tiime off / pension benefits
Our client is recognised as one of the UK's market leaders in the area of materials handling solutions, and as a result of an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a junior assistant maintenance engineer to train and become a multi discipline shift maintenance engineer of the future in an established and successful team environment.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its' customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a number of similarly committed and highly professional junior assistant maintenance engineers to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Reporting to the Maintenance Site Engineer, core responsibilities for these multi skilled junior assistant maintenance engineer shift maintenance positions will include:
- Recovering errors on all automated systems including conveyors and sortation equipment
- Working as part of a team carrying out basic proactive planned preventative and reactive breakdown maintenance activities.
- Assisting engineers with fault finding and operational support activities
- Supporting activities with company products and systems in response to customer requirements.
- Adhering to the various quality, KPI and Continuous Improvement reporting systems.
- Following escalation procedures
- Adhering to all health and Safety requirements.
- Able to work on a 12 hr shift basis (2 days on, 3 nights on - 4 days off then 3 days on, 2 nights on - 5 days off then 2 days on, 2 nights on - 5 off) with shift times 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level or above in a relevant engineering or technical discipline and demonstrate at least 1 year of experience gained within a technical commercial environment.
ESSENTIALLY, you will also either currently hold or be able to attain an Airside Security Pass.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated junior assistant maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated conveyor and sortation systems that handle more than 600,000 pallets per month and to join an established and successful team within a modern working environment alongwith a mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package being available.
Are you looking for a fresh challenge within a world leading organization? Then contact the Maintenance Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to email@example.com for further details.
£23,000.00 - £23,443.00 per year