Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 16,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
What we do:
We aim to place clients and consumers at the heart of everything we do. We help them to make the most of their data and realise their ambitions by enabling quicker, smarter decisions using our analytics and software.
The breadth, depth and accuracy of data, combined with analytics, help to drive informed and trusted decisions for our clients. We hold and manage powerful data sets, including credit data on 989 million people and 111 million businesses.
The data we hold varies, for example from how you have repaid credit in the past, to whether a car has been in an accident, to your eligibility for healthcare services in the USA, to how you like to respond to online advertising. Our industry experts collaborate with our data analysts and scientists to create innovative analytics and software to help solve our clients' challenges.
We help millions of consumers to:
• better access financial services;
• understand and improve their financial position;
• protect their identity; and
• know that their data is correct.
We help thousands of businesses and organisations to:
• manage credit risk;
• prevent fraud;
• better understand their customers; and
• better understand their markets and allocate resources.
Our clients come from a wide variety of areas, including financial services (33%), consumers (19%), healthcare (7%), retail (5%), telecoms and utilities (5%), automotive (5%), insurance (4%), media/technology (3%) and government and public sector (2%).
We provide services in North America, Latin America, UK and Ireland and EMEA/Asia Pacific, and we manage and report our performance across those regions. North America accounts for the largest proportion of revenues (56%), while Latin America accounts for 17%, UK and Ireland for 19%, and EMEA/Asia Pacific for 8%.
We employ more than 16,000 people across 37 countries. Our corporate headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, USA; and São Paulo, Brazil. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Market capitalisation was approximately £22bn as at June 2019 and, for the past five years, Experian has been named by Forbes magazine as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies'.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Support Developer to join our Global Product Support Team within the Global Decision Analytics group.
You will provide 3rd line software product support and utilize your knowledge of Java and software technologies to great effect.
The role will require communicating with various colleagues in what is a truly global organization.
The main job scope revolves around supporting and maintaining the line-of-business application/software developed by Experian that are running in the customers' production environments and during software delivery stages.
• Support and maintain software and line-of-business application developed by Experian during software delivery stages and customer production environment.
• Resolve incidents and restore regular service quickly and effectively
• Identification of root cause and Implementation of software fixes at the source code level
• Coordinate the resolution of problems through to release of Hot Fixes when needed
• Be creative and innovative in the support process to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Overall this is a superb opportunity to join a world leading and innovation focused business where you will have the resources and support to learn and develop your skills and career quickly in a vibrant, collaborative and supportive culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday with 5-day buy/sell
- Share options scheme
- Bupa Healthcare
- Pension scheme with
- Life cover
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
• Expertise in core Java Sup8
• Proven experience in Java development and enterprise application
• Intermediate experience with at least one database platform: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres
• Experience of troubleshooting software issues on various operating system and platform such as Unix, Windows, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat
• Excellent communication skills