Kier Strategic Highways are currently recruiting for an ITS Engineer to join the Area 6&8 Highways Maintenance contract
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
A great opportunity working as part of Kier Highways Eastern with a focus on Highways Technology. This is a broad role acting as a Highways Technology / ITS designer working on a wide variety of projects from concept through design to delivery. You will work primarily on our ASC 6&8 (Eastern) contract with Highways England on highways technology designs with the opportunity to work with local authorities and on our other contracts.
Reporting to the schemes manager for ASC 6&8 work within the Kier Highways Technology Hub supporting activities and tasks through the scoping, development, delivery, construction, maintenance and co-ordination of our portfolio of Technology ITS projects across the business. Including but not limited to the following;
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions;
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members;
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances;
- Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents;
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options.
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Work to, develop and maintain high technical standards, keeping up to date with client and industry technical updates and changes.
- As required, attend and contribute to stakeholder liaison meetings
- Contribute to safe delivery, construction and maintenance of technology projects through on site audit, supervision and management.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in a technical or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in highway technology design
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages such as AutoCad, KeySignals, Linsig etc.
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process.
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- An understanding of supporting factors such as health and safety, CDM, quality management and environmental management systems.
- HERS Sector Scheme Registration (desirable)
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.