Date: 05/01/2019 Job Closing Date: 04/02/2019
Job Title: IT Technician
Job Id: RIL-2K19-002
No. of Positions: 2
Renaissance, an equal opportunity employer, recognizes that our success in our mission is due to the remarkable talent and dedication of our employees. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages in a casual and fast-paced work environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking to recruit IT Technician 2 plus years of commercial experience with sound Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ideally from a software development / Programming background you will need to be a proactive and versatile team player who is able to undertake all Software Development / Support activities with minimal supervision. The candidate should have sound knowledge in SDLC concept. You should be a quick learner and some self-motivated personnel having good communications skills. NVQ Level 4 or above qualification with 2 years’ professional experience. Salary £28K - £39K depends on experience. Weekly 37.5 hours work on flexi working system with 20 days annual holidays excluding Bank holidays.
- Apply a test-driven approach to solution design, development and unit testing
- Develop software solutions within a CI/CD environment.
- Identifies problems, agrees remedial action and undertakes emergency maintenance
- Perform maintenance activities like deployment, restart applications and application servers.
- Liaise with users, development team build and release failures as a priority.
- Analyse systems and make necessary recommendation accurate estimates as necessary.
- Schedule and perform system maintenance task, such as loading user applications, programs and data.
- Configure and setup new application servers and Guidewire interface Systems
- Adhere to departmental processes.
- Proactively collaborate with testers, analysts and architects to ensure a common understanding of the solution is maintained throughout the development cycle.
Behavioural competencies / leadership qualities
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to encourage and motivate fellow team members.
- Deliver quality solution by adopting methodologies and best practice.
- Logical thinker with strong Problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working to and delivering to deadlines.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and customers; is respected and trusted.
- Flexible in working under changing and different work settings.
- Conveys a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Technical / role specific competencies
- GOSU – training provided as necessary.
- Java 8 or higher. C++, Visual Basic,
- Issue tracking software – ideally Jira.
- Source code management systems - ideally Git and GITHub.
- SQL queries and database access tools. (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLLITE, SQL Plus)
- XML technologies (XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL, and XSLT).
- SOAP and RESTful Web Services, JEE, Hibernate, Websockets
- IOC containers such as Spring – not essential.
- n-tier architecture experience
- Eclipse, Netbeans, Notepad++, Visual Studio
- Java, including familiarity with multi-threaded Server-Side processing
- Experience with the design and implementation of web systems with frameworks such as Spring MVC, Struts, etc
- Experience in UI integration (AngularJS) with java services, experience on JQuery
- Experience in json design with YAML (Swagger tool)
- Knowledge of web technologies and new developments/trends in the web development field
- Hands on experience with Cloud environment or exposure an added advantage