As our IT Technical Infrastructure Analyst you'll troubleshooting and resolving issues with Unix servers, Oracle/SQL Server databases and performing software installation and upgrades - no two weeks will ever be the same we're sure!
Frontline's talented people are what make us the successful business we are, at the forefront of driving innovation within a fast paced and dynamic industry.
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, the successful applicant of this full time role will enjoy a varied and challenging role.
Our current focus for production databases is Oracle, but it is our intention to migrate these to Microsoft SQL Server in the coming few years.
The ideal person should be a good team player and enjoy working within a busy environment. Equally important are tenacity and a sense of humour.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- To monitor the Unix servers, troubleshooting and resolving issues with jobs and running applications
- To monitor the Oracle/SQL Server databases and troubleshooting issues
- To monitor backups and develop Unix shell scripts
- To perform software installations and upgrades
- To assist with Disaster Recovery processes
The ideal applicant will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Attention to detail
- A logical and analytical mind with an aptitude for problem solving
- Experience of installing and supporting Oracle databases
- Experience of working with Unix servers, preferably SUSE Linux
Candidates with experience of the following will be at an advantage:
- Installation and support of Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Migration from Oracle databases to Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Development and support of Powershell scripting
The Frontline Group are the leading Magazine Distributor in the UK who continue to innovate the supply chain. The Group is made up of Frontline, Seymour, Gold Key Media and Routes to Retail. We work with the publishers of market leading brands such as Heat, Radio Times, What Car, Take A Break, Frozen, Slimming World, National Geographic and many more. As a Distributor, we work closely with retail, wholesale and other parts of the supply chain in order to ensure our publisher's distribution objectives are met. These fantastic brands give us the platform to continue to deliver value on behalf of our publishers. Our plans for growth mean our resource needs to increase to enable us to continue to achieve our company objectives. We recognise that the greatest asset which separates us from our competitors is our people.
£35,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year
See Job Spec
See Job Spec