EastQuayIT prides itself on providing cost-effective IT solutions and services to small and medium sized businesses, taken care of by an exceptional support team.
With offices in North Shields and Leeds, EastQuayIT is also able to assist with IT planning and implementation for new and growing businesses.
As an IT Apprentice you will learn a range of new IT skills and tools. You will be working alongside a team of skilled IT Engineers and will work on the help-desk line to support clients with any first line technical issues.
Each candidate should be a driven individual that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting their customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies the candidate would be expected to deal with include; Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and RDS. A good base of networking knowledge, ideally CISCO, and VOIP systems.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Diagnose and fix IT issues
- Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues
- Log work and fixes into a helpdesk system
- Work to Service level agreements (SLA)
- Incident management
- Resolve Technical issues
- Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
- Hungry to succeed in the IT industry
- Good time-management skills
- Organised, friendly and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Wiling to learn
- Passion for IT and computers
3 GCSE Grade A - C or above, plus English and Maths or equivalent at grade C or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday, between 8:30am-5:30pm
Salary: £8,092 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.