Marine Society and Sea Cadets currently have a vacancy for a IT Support Officer based at our Headquarters in London. You will be working on a full time, permanent contract. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000-28,000 pro rata per annum.
The Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is the nation’s largest maritime charity and the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation comprising some 400 or so volunteer Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to foster good citizenship in the community.
About the role:
As our IT Support Officer you will be providing end user support to the whole of the organisation, spread over multiple sites around the UK. This will be mostly in person at Headquarters, where this position is will be based or over the phone or using remote access tools, with occasional requirement to travel to remote when necessary.
As part of this role you will also have the opportunity to participate in project work and be exposed to a wider perspective of IT in a small but progressive organisation.
Experience and skills you’ll need as our IT Support Officer will include:
- A background of Help Desk and application support.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows10, Windows Server 2012 & 2016 including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Office365.
- Good understanding of a terminal server environment, particularly Citrix.
- Experience and understanding of networking technologies
- A positive “can do” approach to work
- A desire and a passion to learn
- Ability to demonstrate expertise
- Ability to build a professional relationships and trust with end users
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Adaptable and ability to work in an ever changing environment
- Good communication skills, coupled with patience and understanding
In return as our IT Support Officer you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care
- Suzuki Affinity Scheme
- Mobile and Contract Discounts
Closing Date: Monday 21st of October 2019 at Midday
Interviews: Shortly after the closing date.
If you would like to join the team as our IT Support Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Please be advised, due to the high number of applicants for roles, if you have not heard from us after 2 weeks of the closing date then your application has not been successful.