Do you have two or three years' IT support experience under your belt? Then how about using your in-depth hardware and software knowledge in a busy new role in a fast-growing business that's been ranked in the Sunday Times Profit Track 100 league table? As our IT Support Engineer, you’ll join us on a full-time permanent contract at our modern head office at Benson, Oxfordshire, and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the IT Support Engineer role
You'll join a friendly and knowledgeable eight-strong team that manages and supports an ever-growing and developing system, business and set of users (more than 800 people at over 15 sites) with a variety of different technologies.
As our IT Support Engineer, you'll provide a business-driven IT & Communications support role to service our IT needs. Your duties will include:
- Dealing with user IT requests and providing appropriate support (including support ticket management).
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Providing first and second-line support to our third-party software systems and in-house software.
- Dealing with third-party software companies and rolling out third-party software updates and changes.
- Installing software and configuring and rolling out hardware as required.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Supporting users in all IT issues.
What we’re looking for in our IT Support Engineer
- This is a customer-facing role, so your people skills are as important as your technical ones.
- Ideally you have an Information Technology BTEC Diploma or equivalent.
- You must have a full UK driving licence (as part of your job you’ll travel to different sites to troubleshoot and provide support).
What are the working hours?
You’ll work on a rotating shift system of 7.30am to 3.30pm or 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.30am to 3.30pm or 9am to 5pm on Fridays – a total of 35 hours per week. You will also provide mobile telephone cover on a rota basis on Saturdays from 8am to 12 noon. During the training period your hours will be 9am to 5pm.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our IT Support Engineer? Click apply!
Deadline for applications: Friday 6th December 2019