The Technical Support Engineer will work in a team of technical engineers and in partnership with our Global Production Technology Teams to support and maintain the current and future desktop environment and associated enterprise solutions. This person will be primarily but not limited to monitoring IT-related support tickets, with their focus on supporting Users, Desktops, Software, VDI. InfoSec in line with the requirements and strategies set by management. Reporting and contributing to the creation and resolution of problems as well as assisting on the delivery of IT related projects.
- Manage, monitor and take ownership of IT Incidents and requests through the ticketing system (ZenDesk).
- Send clear, regular updates on incidents. Communicating effectively with the end users and/or business stakeholders until satisfactory resolution of incidents and service requests.
- Quickly identify service impacting issues and escalate to the relevant team
- Perform laptop, desktop and VDI administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware.
- Adhere to corporate InfoSec policies and escalating where vulnerabilities and suspected breaches occur
- Have an active role in problem management, identifying, raising and assisting in the resolution of problems
- Identify and recommend appropriate changes to desktop and office infrastructure or applications to improve productivity and performance.
- Assist in project work as required
- Participate in a paid 24x7 on-call rotation
- Update and maintain all appropriate documentation and create where necessary
- Update and maintain IT Knowledge Base articles
- Manage Active Directory users, groups, rights assignments and Group policy objects.
- Manage and monitor relevant production workflows such as media ingest
- Maintain office network including cabling, port assignment and performance analysis
- Maintain Equipment rooms and IT Stores ensuring best practice is followed and areas are organised and tidy
- 2+ Years working in a desktop support environment, with a good understanding of Windows operating system
- Experience with common desktop applications such as Microsoft Office/Office 365, Adobe Products
- Hands on knowledge of virtual infrastructure and VDI
- Technical proficiency in the areas of Hardware/Software, Network/Remote Access technology, Account administration and networking technology
- A good understanding of Hardware/Software deployment methods.
- Able to prioritise tasks and work in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiar with Administration of Active Directory and associated domain services
- Familiar with enterprise security solutions and best practice, including but not limited to endpoint protection
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer support skills
- Ability to work in a high energy team environment
- Team player who can build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a 24x7 Production environment within the Media Industry
- Past experience with monitoring or logging tools (Nagios, VictorOps)
- Experience with enterprise file transfer tools (i.e. Signiant, Aspera)
- Experience with ticketing and collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Zendesk, Teams)
Key Results and Deliverables
- Provide first rate customer service, meeting KPI’s set by the Support Manager
- An ethical and proactive team player who can maximize resources within a complex and constantly changing environment
- Demonstrate and apply excellent communication skills – including written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Highly responsible, detail-oriented problem solver with a proven ability to contribute to a creative environment
- Able to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks efficiently