TechMonkeys are an MSP, based in Wakefield.
We were founded in 2011, and pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and rapid response times to our customers IT problems.
We are looking to recruit an IT apprentice to join our fast-paced dynamic team.
You will be enrolled on to the QA 15-month Level 3 IT Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship and you will be providing predominantly remote 1st line support to our varied customer base across Yorkshire.
- Handling technical and IT queries via chat, email, or phone call
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical and IT problems
- Providing solutions to technical queries
- Escalation of issues into 2nd line where necessary
- Maintaining and updating ticket system
- Making and maintaining accurate records
- Supporting colleague with hardware enquiries
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing errors which may arise in technology
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Installing or changing software to provide system updates
- Remotely accessing technology to implement fixes where users cannot do this themselves
- The right individual will be a people person and will enjoy interacting with others on the phone and face to face
- We are not necessarily looking for someone with IT experience as full training will be provided. However, we are looking for someone who is polite, has a great telephone manner, is a logical thinker and can remain calm under pressure
- Has an interest in IT
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Company laptop
- Access to company vehicles (if over 25)
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Technician training via QA
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.