We are an SME based in the North and believe that Computeam can offer its clients better value than many of our larger competitors as well as a more focused service. We are dedicated to achieve the best outcome on every project, because every project matters to our business.
Computeam Ltd is an education ICT specialist, offering technology support, supply and consultancy. We believe in improving school outcomes through the successful introduction, support and management of new technologies. With a track record stretching back for 20 years, we have helped hundreds of schools to get the best from ICT.
- As an IT Technician apprentice, you will work alongside the IT department to deliver valuable technical services and expertise to clients nationwide.
- A school ICT apprentice provides a vital service to teaching staff at School, diagnosing and resolving faults with computers, printers, network switches, servers and wireless networks, allowing the delivery of education across the site.
- Working closely with staff in a school and classroom environment to ensure ICT equipment is in good order to deliver the new Computing Curriculum.
- Able to communicate clearly in a non-technical manor
- Be able to work in a team and on his/her own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem solving skills
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have a strong interest in Information Technology and keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- A natural interest and passion for computers & technology is desirable
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of computers, driven by enthusiasm & willingness to learn new skills
Minimum 5 GCSE's at grade C & above or equivalent.
- Based on schools sites within the Liverpool area for at least 2 days per week
- DBS check will be performed upon starting employment at Computeam
- The apprentice role does not require you to drive, however you will be required to travel within the Liverpool region (e.g. on public transport)
Potential for career progression at the end of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.