- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications
- Assisting staff with any logged IT related incident when called upon
- Accurately recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
IT Apprenticeship with NowSkills: Kickstart your IT Career today!
NowSkills are an experienced and dedicated geeky team who are trained to find and fill IT Apprenticeships with young learners within the North West of England. We work exclusively with some of the UK’s leading IT Apprenticeships employers.
Interested? - This IT Apprenticeship's qualifying requirements
- Grades A-C in GCSE Maths & English Language (can include equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 2 or A-Levels)
- Passion for IT and computers
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to succeed in the IT industry
IT Apprenticeship working hours
Monday - Friday, 9.30am-5.00pm (1 hour for lunch)
How does an IT Apprenticeship in Stockport work?
You won't need to pay anything to do an IT Apprenticeship as an IT Apprenticeship is a government funded training course where you are employed as an IT Apprentice and paid by a local employer in the IT industry, During your 15-month placement NowSkills will support you with a range of training courses and mentoring allowing you to pass industry recognized vendor examinations.
What kind of training will you receive?
Training will take place in our classroom locations in Manchester or Liverpool, online and face to face with our mentors. Your employer's line manager will also support you and teach you valuable skills to help you prosper and develop your skills in an Infrastructure Technician role.
During your IT Apprenticeship, you will be assigned a supportive and well experienced tutor who will provide tasks and targets to you to help you obtain the best possible grade.
Qualifications you will receive (varies with the employer's projects)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Network Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: CompTIA Network +
- Microsoft Technology Associate:Server Admin
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- MTA HTML 5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Enabling Office 365 Services
Future Prospects – Why an Infrastructure IT Apprenticeship?
If you’re a problem solver with a keen interest in IT an IT Apprenticeship could be the right choice for you! An IT Apprenticeship will help you to gain the qualifications, skills, a salary, no student debt and the work experience you need to prosper in the IT industry.
Below are just a few examples of the kind of roles you could head into after your Apprenticeship and the kind of salary you could receive:
- Network Manager: £30,000 - £35,000 a year
- Infrastructure Assistant Manager: £29,000 a year
- Helpdesk Team Leader - £21,500 a year
Application Process – How do I learn more about this opportunity?
If you're interested in becoming an Apprentice? All you need to do is click apply! It will send you to the NowSkills website where you can apply. Once applied, our advisors will contact you to discuss the role in more detail.
If you're interested and the employer would like to interview you, don't worry! We are there to support and guide you through the process. NowSkills are in your corner, we have a 94% success rate with our IT apprenticeships and if you come on board with us and our employers, we will look after you.
Apprenticeship positions fill fast and are in demand, the sooner you apply the sooner you can start. In 2018 our average time from applying to starting an apprenticeship was 17 days.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Launch your career in IT and APPLY TODAY!