- Provide 1st/2nd level support, log all calls using internal Helpdesk application; troubleshooting of hardware and software issues.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and raise with relevant Tier 2 and Tier 3 engineers.
- Provide and support all office & shop floor IT activities, including setting up of computers, notebooks, printers, scanners, workplace, docking stations, information points and patching cables.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software to company standard using internal deployment software, Kace Imaging and Jamf Pro, including computers and notebooks and all associated network devices; backup and restore data.
- Administration of desktop computers, notebooks, printers/photocopiers and telephony.
- Administering and maintaining user accounts using windows Active Directory.
- Support mobile working users across a number of platforms, including iOS, Android, AirWatch MDM, VPN for remote access.
- Supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, and Apple MacOS operating systems.
- General software, MS Office range, MS Teams, Yammer, Skype for Business, Anti Virus, various Internet Browsers, GoToMeeting, OpenVoice, and various collaboration suites, etc.
- Remote Desktop Support via Beyond Trust, MS Remote Desktop, MS Teams.
- IT Asset management (inventory update and disposing of obsolete hardware as per the company’s guidelines).
- Configuring and supporting Terminal Service / Remote Desktop services.
- Basic Windows servers and Network administration (only allowed to administrate local Cisco switches and Servers, limited access allowed).
- Understand and troubleshoot LAN / TCPIP / DHCP / DNS / Firewalls / Routers / Switches / VPN’s / Wi-Fi issues / VoIP Systems.
- Regional Office internet circuit provisioning.
- Regional Office mobile phone contracts provisioning.
- Regional Office setup and commissioning.
- Procurement of IT equipment including but not limited to, desktop, laptops, printers, peripherals, etc.
- Liaising with suppliers and leasing companies.
IT Projects & Process Improvement
- Work directly with internal teams in the design and delivery of IT projects regionally as well as globally.
- Recommend innovative technical solutions that will enhance, increase levels of redundancy and survivability and add flexibility to existing global infrastructure and products/services.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Works with senior staff members to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from internally, customers and other vendors on a technical level.
- Driven to have exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills a must.
- Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call and in remote and harsh environments.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional/global and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Problem solving skills in hardware and software issues.
- Good understanding of Windows 7/10/MacOS and MS Office 365 applications.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM processes plus Network and Telecommunications (LAN / TCPIP / DHCP / DNS / Firewalls / Routers / Switches / VPN’s / Wi-Fi issues / VoIP Systems, etc).
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a small IT team; in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work
Education Requirements & Working Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience of working within a technical support team and relevant experience of IT helpdesk support.
- Cisco training – CCNA or CCNP qualifications.
- Experience with satellite communications fundamentals, VSAT, antenna RF systems/sub-systems and fixed antenna systems.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs and pass a physical exam as required.
- Ability to travel via vessel, airplane and helicopter in support of our customers.