My client is a large family owned business, where the board can make decisions quickly.
The group consists of subsidiaries in the UK, Germany, Sweden and the parent company in Finland.
The UK office is only small but it’s young and fun.
Job overview / purpose:
The company are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join their small team that delivers surveys and reporting.
Interested candidates should have a genuine interest in IT.
The apprentice will carry out such additional duties upon request of your line manager or the Managing Director of the Employer.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
- Providing 1st line Support via email and telephone
- Working with and escalating more complex issues to the technical team
- Communicating with customers at different levels to provide comprehensive support
- Supporting the project team with customer projects and providing support
- Liaising with developers to ensure best level of support for all customers
- Working closely with UK and international teams
- You will be expected to undertake any general admin tasks as required by your direct line manager and in your role
- In addition to the above, you are required to carry out such other tasks from time to time for the efficient operation of the Employer's business
- Our client doesn't expect you to have a great deal of experience, but knowledge of business processes would be desirable as well as a professional and friendly manner and ability to learn
- Our client really wants someone that has a true interest in IT, being able to communicate verbally and written is key
- A lot of the work is communicated by email, so this has to be at a high standard
- An ability to interact with customers at all levels within the organization and build productive working relationships
- Most importantly, they are looking for someone who is hardworking and has a willingness to learn
- They are looking for someone that is self-motivated, organized and goal oriented
- Be excited to begin a IT career
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s (A -C) including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
9.30am to 4.30pm, with 30 min lunch,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£150 per week
Benefits / Future prospects:
As this is a small UK Office, you will become an important part of the team, with a greater scope for learning which involves doing more tasks.
You will gain in-depth knowledge of how a small business runs. Closer support from a line manager. Get to play on Nintendo Wii to get away from your desk and switch off.
Smart Casual dress code unless you are going to be customer facing
They have team days out on a quarterly basis, which can be anything from trips to the cinema, rally driving, mini golf, driving range and more.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.