We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate that hardware and software is effective utilised and correctly administered? Do you love working with colleagues to maintain configuration data quality and ensure consistent asset management practices are followed? Do you like going home feeling you have achieved something good? This could be the job for you: supporting ARM, an industry leading and rapidly growing business, leads to an interesting and meaningful role.
We are undergoing an exciting change in IT through moving to an Agile and service orientated framework. We are seeking a hardworking individual to work within the IT Service Operations team. You will be responsible for defining, and the correct operation, of these crucial processes in Enterprise IT, a key ingredient to success is winning the hearts and minds of supplier and IT staff.
Location: Cambridge, UK
- You are accountable for definition and continual improvement of the service asset and configuration management (SACM) processes; which includes hardware infrastructure (network, server and security on-prem and cloud), end-user devices, and software (SAM).
- You are responsible for managing compliance and identifying improvements to ensure that the processes continues to be effective and efficient, and will work with technical and process managers to deliver this.
- You will drive the development the SACM strategy and roadmap, designing and implementing the SACM & SAM processes and procedures, including driving the requirements in ITSM tooling to support the process.
- Lead the operation on a day-to-day basis, and act as the main contact for queries and issues.
- You will document, communicate and deliver training on the processes and requirements around asset management, and the CMS and CMDBs.
- You will design, build and maintain the Configuration Management Plan, and lead the approach to Service Data Modelling; ensuring we have the correct information captured for each configuration item (CI) and appropriate relationships between CIs are created.
- Manages the approach for integration with Internal and Supplier CMDBs as required, including CI Exchange interfaces and reconciliation rules
- You will maintain records of contracts and entitlements (support and licence) and prompt the renewal as required.
- You will partner with Procurement to ensure we have the optimum licencing for its needs, and produce reports of software entitlements versus usage on a regular basis.
- You will carry out quality assurance on the processes and the CMS/CMDBs, including sample audits. You will develop a range of performance measure to monitor the effectiveness of SACM and that support targets are met.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have 5+ year process management experience in an IT environment that utilizes and ITIL, with recent & extensive experience, and domain expertise of SACM, SAM and CMS & CMDBs.
- Are able to advise on strategy/approach on implementing SACM in a SIAM (multi-vendor) environment, having in-depth experience of ITSM process improvement and implementation
- You have excellent knowledge of how SACM and Licence Management processes integrate and interact with other ITIL processes
- Experience of enabling SACM process through IT Service Management Toolsets – such as ServiceNow
- Ability to produce written material (Policies, Process, Procedures, Work Instructions, presentations, reports etc.) to a high standard
- You are an excellent partner manager with forward-thinking communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have good attention to detail and accuracy
- You are enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a can-do attitude, and can juggle conflicting and changing priorities whilst meeting deadlines. You can work unsupervised and as part of a team
- ITIL 3 Intermediate Certification in Service Operations or equivalent
- ITIL v3 expert
- ServiceNow and Snow Licence Manager experience
- Experience agile methodologies and working with agile teams
- Familiar with implications of organisational change and methods of enabling successful change
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps