IT Security Analyst - Leicestershire - £35-43k
SearchBI is currently recruiting an IT Security Analyst for a global engineering firm based in Leicestershire. The IT Security Analyst will work within the IT Security team providing security guidance and support to the business. This role will involve a mix of technical security design, operation, assurance and review in addition to maintenance of assurance processes, production of management information and administration of processes/procedures to demonstrate security controls are embedded across the business.
What we can offer
- Basic salary up to £43k
- Discretionary bonus
- 7% Pension
- Private healthcare
The candidate will need strong analytical, information security and IT skills are required along with a technical understanding of the practical application of information security in architectural designs, Microsoft Technologies, Networking, Cloud and emerging technologies.
Responsible for the adherence to and continuous improvement of security policies, processes and operational procedures. Working closely with other IT functions to ensure best security practices are in place across IT and the wider business.
Job Scope and dimensions
- Reports into the IT Security Manager
- Responsibility for IT Security controls and effectiveness
- Champion for effective security and data management practices across all business units
- Hands on delivery of tangible security and data management improvements
- Monitor the networks for malicious activity using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets.
- Respond to, and investigate alerts contributing to the development of new security monitoring use cases, and ensure all investigative activity is properly documented in ticketing systems and followed up with the relevant support teams.
- Identify vulnerabilities and security risks of networks, operating systems, applications, databases and new technology initiatives.
- Validate vulnerability findings and assist in remediation efforts.
- Identify and document security risks identified during project initiatives and BAU activities.
- Perform research on latest security/cyber threats, which can drive improvements in active projects and into existing tools and processes.
- Work with application owners, technology teams and business stakeholders to implement required controls as required as part of the IT Security roadmap and initiatives.
- Provide IT security operational support to IT technical functions.
- Monitor for malicious activity using multiple toolsets.
- Conduct audits in line with ISO27001 to ensure compliance.
- Manage security solutions deployed within the company such as email/web filtering, firewall monitoring, end-point protection, etc.
- General security administration support within the IT Security Team.
- Conduct regular reviews of security controls to ensure that they remain effective and fit for purpose.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent professional certification, such as SSCP or CISM desirable.
- Experience as an IT Security Officer in an international business, including multi-language
- Working knowledge of common commercial and/or open source vulnerability assessment tools (Rapid7, Nexpose, Nessus, Qualys or similar) and techniques used for evaluating operating systems, networking devices, databases and web applications.
- Good understanding of networking technologies, principles and concepts. Can identify and provide explanation around security concerns specific to networking, to include wireless networking and the surrounding security issues.
- Good understanding of various technologies and operating systems and their related security concerns, i.e. MS Windows Server and desktop IBM, AIX, Red Hat Linux, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint etc)
- Technical understanding of Cloud technologies, including Office 365, EMS and Azure
- Basic understanding of application programming languages, application servers, web services, browser technology, common vulnerabilities, security best practices, and automated assessment tools and manual testing techniques specific to web applications.
- Intermediate level knowledge of security best practices, security solutions, and methodologies for conducting security assessments, to include manual assessments and malicious user testing.
- Intermediate level knowledge of security assessment tools (commercial, free/shareware) and manual security testing techniques.
- Intermediate level understanding of security tool strengths and weaknesses and ability to select, configure, troubleshoot and use the best tool for the job.
- Intermediate level knowledge of cyber security threats and techniques used by adversaries to compromise systems, both technical and non-technical techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience of ISO27001
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence / IT roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords - IT Security Analyst / Cybersecurity Analyst / IT Security Manager / Information Security Analyst / IT Security Officer
IT Security Analyst - Leicestershire - £35-43k
£35,000.00 - £43,000.00 per year