The timing to join Network Homes couldn’t be better. We are building brand new head offices in the heart of the new development in Wembley. We are an award-winning business with over 40 years’ experience and currently manage over 20,000 homes in London, Hertfordshire and the South East with a target to deliver 1000 new homes each year. Our vision to open possibilities for as many people as we can, by continuing to grow a forward-thinking, service driven and financially strong organisation that builds, sells, rents and manages good homes in thriving communities.
We are looking for an IT Project manager to join the team at a very exciting time as we implement a range of new systems. It is a busy time with a great opportunity to learn as we continue to remain ahead of the curve within Information Technology.
The role will be;
- Managing the delivery of specific projects or support the delivery of elements within a larger programme, including ensuring there are strong business cases, robust governance and controls in place, and the identification and realisation of benefits
- Managing systems development projects in accordance with company standards
- Assisting the business and IT department in raising project performance by recommending and implementing good practices
- Monitoring of expenditure against the budget to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Work with members of the organisation to fully understand their business plans, objectives and drivers and identify where systems and technology can help them improve their services
- Work with members of the organisation to develop their business cases and gain approval for the project to proceed being accountable for the quality, validity and relevance of the business case
- Provide a proactive link between member organisations, the IT department and third parties to successfully deliver systems and technology projects
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project product/service lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts. This includes documenting, prioritizing and tracking requests (changes, enhancements, etc.) and coordinating with the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Conduct regular project meetings to include:
- Meeting with project team(s) regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Meeting with appropriate members of staff for periodic reviews of prototypes and final products
- Coordinate Group communications on project progress
- Provide a single point of contact for assigned projects
- Evaluate project outcomes, measuring return on investment and benefits realisation
- Identify and coordinate assignments of internal resources and external contractors to meet the stated project requirements
- Lead systems development projects including the formation and management of project teams (including contractors where necessary), assembly and management of project budgets and overall project management to deliver systems solutions
- Provide advice and guidance and mentor less experienced staff in project management
- Contribute as a team member in the delivery of business solutions
- Lead and manage the selection process for new solutions observing company policy and where appropriate external legislation (e.g. OJEU procurement)
- Work with IT trainers and colleagues to create, develop and provide appropriate training for Group Staff in order to help them get the most from the systems and solutions you implement
- Contribute to the IT business plan and strategy and manage your own work plan/schedule
- Degree educated in Computer Science or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience considered (Essential)
- Current qualification in project management (PRINCEII, PMP, MSP) (Essential)
- Current qualification in ITIL v3 Foundation (Desirable)
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio and Word.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
- Good knowledge of project management approaches, such as PRINCE2 and budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Project management skills- producing project plans, managing budget, managing risks, issues, dependencies and change.
- Strong project operations management and project management capabilities in executing and delivering technical projects.
- Pro-active, organised and decisive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to motivate and drive productivity.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Significant experience gained in successfully managing multiple projects in a busy IT environment within the social housing sector.
- Strong technical background appreciation especially in Relational Databases
- Previous experience of creating strategy and roadmaps.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills with previous experience of dealing with senior executives and managing external vendors and consultants.
- Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the often disparate members of the project teams.
- Ability to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including 10% Pension contribution