The IT Network Engineer works as part of the Technical Services team and is responsible for providing the technical support skills to our customers both onsite and remotely.
Location: Field Based – Swindon and surrounding area
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 Dependent on experience. Plus package including Car, Phone, Laptop, Benefits package, certified training, overtime, TOIL
On a day to day basis, you will focus on installing and supporting network devices, PCs and Servers for our customers across Swindon and surrounding areas. Additional duties include remote and onsite troubleshooting, facilitating customer adds, moves & changes, and other project based installs. You will work on a variety of sites providing you with a wide range of experiences.
There will also be an On-Call requirement of not more than 1 week in 5. This will be an excellent opportunity to develop additional Networking and Server technical skills as additional training will be provided.
Comms-care is a leading channel-only provider of IT support and service solutions. We assist over 850 channel partners and support over 30,000 active service contracts. Holding Gold Partnership status with both Cisco & Microsoft, Comms-care manage all aspects of the IT life-cycle from Consultancy, Design and Implementation to Managed Services and Reactive Field support across a number of technologies including: security, servers, desktops, voice & unified communications, data-centre and wireless.
Comms-care is part of the Ingram Micro Group, Ingram Micro is a Fortune 100 company and globally the largest technology distributor of IT products and services.
- Pre-staging of router and switch installations according to documentation
- Installation and support of varied desktop and server estate
- Installation of network equipment at varied customer locations UK wide
- Project based site survey and documentation
- Post-Sales support
- Assist with customer add, move and change requirements
- On-site support of customer faults
- Site visits to assess and swap non-functional equipment
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Cisco, Draytek, Zyxel, Netgear routers
- Cisco, 3Com and HP switches
- 1st/ 2nd line PC hardware and Microsoft desktop and server support
- Desired Certifications
- Cisco CCENT or CCNA
- Microsoft MCP/MCSA
- CompTIA A+, Network +
Fundamental to this role:
- Extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken/ written English.
- Experience providing network/PC field engineering services to high profile customers
- A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise
- Company Car & fuel card, mobile phone & laptop
- 23 days’ holiday increasing with service + bank holidays
- On-call allowance (1 in 5) and overtime
- Grading structure & career progression
- Provision of training and support towards Cisco & Microsoft certifications such as CCNA & MCSE
- Company Benefits package including: Pension, Health Care, Life Insurance, Childcare vouchers and various discounts
Company Car, fuel card, overtime & on-call payment, continuous development including vendor qualifications